Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 02:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Maristar 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhudgins View Post
"This is the power of democracy at work in communicating to the manufacturer that they have to take basic steps to do the right thing," Dreyer said.
Did no one here get the memo???? Personal responsibility is no longer the responsibility of the person. Obviously it is the responsibility of someone else....likely someone (or company) with more money.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
Sad, sad, sad day... Once again stupidity wins the day, seems like this is becoming the norm...
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
This thread totally pisses me off. The serious lack of judgment of one person will cause everyone else to suffer from his stupidity. We will either get new laws or rules to follow, prices of a mc will raise again to be able to afford this dumb bastards mistake, watersports may be deemed too dangerous and rules of any watersports will be stricter, or some liberal will just make it too hard to go boating.

I wonder if any jury member on this case has ever been on a boat. Someone needs to go find this stupid idiot and punch him right in the lips. He needs to take pics of the two girls he ran over. A before and after pic of each girl and put them on the wall of his bedroom. Then wake up every day and see probably two fine as frog hair girls who he chopped up and disfigured. Then be a man instead of a coward and own up to his stupidity. What a spineless pos for not owning up for his mistake. Once a little puss always a puss.

Ok off my soap box now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....

Last edited by Kyle; 06-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
MC, thanks for the info. Glad to hear you're appealing this. We're behind you!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1997 Malibu Sunsetter LX, Idmar Monsoon 325
I think that every owner of an inboard boat, be it MC, CC, Malibu, or whatever should stand behind MC in their fight against this suit. I will stand behind them as a Malibu owner. It's a matter of principal regardless of the label on your hull.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: shopping
^^ I whole heartily agree.

What I hate about all of this is it will likely lead to new more restrictive legislation, which will only be followed by the people with enough common sense to not need it all while the wallys keep on driving like complete asshats with no regard to others.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:29 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
I think that every owner of an inboard boat, be it MC, CC, Malibu, or whatever should stand behind MC in their fight against this suit. I will stand behind them as a Malibu owner. It's a matter of principal regardless of the label on your hull.
I agree! Everyone that owns an inboard ski/wakeboard boat within 200 miles of the courthouse that laid down this decision should assemble in front of that courthouse wearing their respective boat company's shirts holding banners that say "boat companies should not be held accountable for boat operators that overload their boats, admit to drinking alcohol, break the law and injure their own passengers"

This whole thing stinks like the OJ trial and I hope MC wins the appeal.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
I agree! Everyone that owns an inboard ski/wakeboard boat within 200 miles of the courthouse that laid down this decision should assemble in front of that courthouse wearing their respective boat company's shirts holding banners that say "boat companies should not be held accountable for boat operators that overload their boats, admit to drinking alcohol, break the law and injure their own passengers"

This whole thing stinks like the OJ trial and I hope MC wins the appeal.
I'm in favor, but that would be a huge sign to make it legible.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Mrsamman

As a Malibu owner I am sickened by this judgement and hope it gets overturned. The driver is responsible and the people in the boat need to know how capable the operator is before getting on the vessel.
Scott
Old 06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
I still don't see how a jury could find it's MC fault, or it's a "flaw". The bow of my Maristar 200 will hold 2 adults and maybe a small child. With just the 2 adults I'm aware that my bow sits lower in the water, so I have to pay extra attention when crossing my own wake picking up a skier. I COULD put more people in the bow, but I DON'T. This holds true for every open bow boat, not just an X-45. I'm very sorry that people got injured, but at what point will we hold people 100% for their own decisions and actions?

Tags
mastercraft, mastercraft civil trial