Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 ProStar 190
Along with “no power turns”…

Mostly I imagine that the readers of this forum would never do this. But I’m going to say it anyway with the hope that if anyone would, they will think about it. And those who would not, will help pass it along to others …. PLEASE you guys with the big wake boats, well everyone, but especially the big boys … don’t ride or run you boat at wake speed even remotely near the docks. This last weekend some yahoo wake surfed past the dock and HAMMERED my MC into it causing significant damage to the gel and possibly the fiberglass. The estimates for repair are running in the $1000+ range. Do I need that? Do any of us need that? NO! Its not that big a deal to go to the middle of the lake. And by-the-way, I don’t give a $%&t about how cool you think your surfing skills are.

OK, peace out! S
Old 06-04-2011, 09:05 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
I believe the rule is you are responsible for damage caused by your wake.

With that much damage I hope you got a police report and the boaters info and/or registration numbers. His ins company should pay for damages to your property.

When we wakesurf we do it in the middle of the river and where there are no waterfront homes/docks. Nothing but trees along the shore.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, fuel injected 302
I believe the law here is 5MPH with in 200ft of a dock with a boat.

'91 prostar 190
Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Brand new 01 X10
Last weekend I was tied off to my friends xstar in the back of a cove just hanging out. It wasnt a no wake zone, but it was definitely and chilling zone as every other boat was anchored out . Some yahoo came through this zone with a surfer behind him kind of weaving in between the other boats. When the rollers got to us they rocked us so hard our fenders came up past the rub rails and my boat got the worst of it. 2 large gashes in my gel.

At any rate, I'm always considerate of others when we surf. Kind of a nobrainer.