Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
More F250 6.0hno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Wanna stay away from the 6.0 L at least thats what I've been told from some ford dealership guys...
I own one and could agree with you somewhat. Anyone reads enough stuff will never buy anything... More people publically complain then commend.

I had trouble for about 3 months right after I bought it but nothing I have owned pulls as hard and has been as reliable since... If you do your proper maint as specified in the manual, it should be reliable. People who "hotrod" them or dont follow maintenance routines have trouble

Pulls like crazy STOCK. (10,000 pounds routinely). Just finished a trip towing a 32 foot enclosed trailer loaded up to the max; ATV in the bed (8 hours each way going 70 plus with an average of 12 mpg - including air on heading home in 95 degree temps though rush hour traffic on Mem Day) As a daily driver I get 20 (Which really ticks off my wife since her Subaru gets terrible mileage)

For those who dont know the short hand, I have a 2005 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab (4 door), with the 8 foot box and a 6.0 Diesel. I bought my 05 F250 for 1/2 of bluebook price because they have a bad rep. (and I didnt mention it came loaded: Leather, sunroof, 4x4, tint, brake controller, CB, power seats, etc, etc, etc)

cj
Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
My ex has an 08 tahoe ltz. It pulls a lot nicer and has more power.

Kinda thinking keep my worn out truck and get a tahoe or avalanche. My new vehicle will be a work vehicle for me and needs to be nice. A 3/4 ton is not a vehicle to show up to someones house and take care of their insurance and investments.
I don't know about that, to me that speaks volumes that you are taking care of your money and spending it wisely. My finance guy is not a flashy guy, kind of like thatů..
Old 06-02-2011, 10:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
I don't know about that, to me that speaks volumes that you are taking care of your money and spending it wisely. My finance guy is not a flashy guy, kind of like thatů..
My clients are all 65+. I don't know what opinions that they will create with a 3/4 ton or a tahoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
MC Maniac

Whatever I get will have leather. I hate cloth. Cloth collects lint like crazy. I wear slacks and dress clothes often. My previous truck had cloth and it always looked like I had walked through a dog kennel before appointments. Leather is easier to keep IMO. Yes it's hot or cold but that doesn't phase me. I love my leather now and will continue to have leather.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Lay off the 6.0 and 6.4 Ford diesels. 6.4's seem reliable enough, but abysmal fuel mileage.
Other than that I got nothin. So you're between an Infiniti, Bimmer, Avy, Tahoe or 3/4 ton diesel?
Personally I'd roll a Dmax or Cummins powered truck. Get the Dmax if you don't want to sound like Billy Bob pulling up to your clients' homes, or get a half ton and the first time you roast teh trans get it built for extra hp and you'll be set (same with the diesel btw once you get the diesel bug and chip it, say goodbye to your auto trans if your're beatin on it alot).

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
MC Maniac

Thrall you hit it right on the head with the "Billy Bob" comment. Yes I have some hick clients that would think it would be cool but the majority would think it's loud and obnoxious.

If I had a challenger it would be loud and lope.

An f250 would be chipped and exhaust with cold air

Leaning towards no car. Cars suck to me but gas mileage is better. I feel cooped up in a car.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Challenger SRT 8 is pretty much tops on my wishlist of cars. Wouldn't exude the businessman image though!
Kinda fun watching poeple stare when my wife rolls up to drop off the kids in her straight piped black Dodge Mega Cab and rolls a little coal on the way out amidst all the soccer moms in their Vulva station wagons though!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-03-2011, 09:13 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
How much are you looking to spend? LTZ are msrp in the 50's and the tx editions w/leather are in the 40's, wanna come to houston my chevy store has about 15-20 tahoes...

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-2
Cadillac Escalade EXT. Fancier version of the avalanche you already have. Comes with the 6.2, 409hp. I have the SUV version and it hauls pretty good. The air suspension is awesome for towing, and can't beat the air cooled seats.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioX2 View Post
Cadillac Escalade EXT. Fancier version of the avalanche you already have. Comes with the 6.2, 409hp. I have the SUV version and it hauls pretty good. The air suspension is awesome for towing, and can't beat the air cooled seats.
The problem with the cadillac is that it costs way too much to own compared to similar vehicles. A prime example would be the Sierra Denali... Same 6.2l engine, same heated and cooled leather etc etc.... Every option you can get in a Escalade, can be had in a Sierra Denali except HID headlamps. Which you can have installed for less than $500.00. The sierra is also a lot more capable for towing and has a larger bed. And the best part is that the Sierra Denali costs $20k less than the Escalade EXT. I dont understand how GM can justify a 20k upcharge for that..... Not to mention that the Caddy will depreciate a lot worse.

That being said, the EXT is a very nice ride.

When you are talking the SUV version of the Escalade, that is a different story. The SUV is not priced too far out of this world compared to the competition. The EXT, however, is.

Last edited by FourFourty; 06-03-2011 at 10:04 AM.