Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
Question Gelcoat Repair - Which "White"?

2000 MC Prostar 205V. White with Black Stripe. I need to repair a gelcoat scratch in the white. I noticed several people recommend Spectrum Color for their repair kit. I found 2 "Whites" for year 2000, IVORY & GLACIER WHITE. I bought the boat used, so I don't have the original sales sheet which I assume lists the colors. I called to ask Spectrum which white to order and they suggested I contact MC with my Hull ID. I called customer service (4 times over the last week) left 4 messages to their "We'll call you back" answering machine, but they never have. Anyone know whiich "White" I should order. It is a very bright white - almosts hurts to look at it in the sun.
Thanks
Old 07-21-2005, 10:29 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Are you calling 423-884-2221??? I think that is the #s I called when I needed the same info from MC. Keep calling till you talk to someone. They do have your info..

You could also try the “Questions” link on the “Home” page of this site. I don’t know how well that works as I have never tried it. I always just call..

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
Just be carefull with Spectrum. I ordered what they said was the correct 'white' for my 1990 Prostar 190 and it was completely wrong. It ended up costing me over $70.00 to get a patch kit shipped to Canada and it was snow white and the boat is not anything like that colour. The patch kits come in a sealed package and once you open it it's yours so make sure it's the right one first. It the boat is really really white I would think it was the glacier white, but that's just a guess.

Good luck !!! I hope it works out better than mine.

Bruce