Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Replace with Good Year Marathons?
Yes 13 26.00%
No 37 74.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2011, 12:07 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
^So inquiring minds want to know what does the tire dealer have on his own personal trailer?
Gladiator QR25 ST205/75R14 6 ply on a tandem axle trailer.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 07-24-2011, 12:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Thanks, whats your thoughts on nitrogen, I am a big fan of using nitrogen in all my stuff since my military days,.all aircraft use nitrogen as well as some emergency vehicles and I believe nascar does as well.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 AM
MC Master Poster

Nitrogen plays a huge factor in long tire life. No drawbacks at all.........strictly bonus.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:55 AM
TT Regular

You may not believe this. I left the original Goodyear trailer tires on my 1984 Stars and Stripes for over 20 years. I live close (5 miles) to a lake and kept the boat in a dark insulated garage the whole time. I skied 4 times a week during that time. And, I took several out of town trips during that time as well. The tires looked good when I replaced them. I replaced them with Goodyear Marathons.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith3613 View Post
You may not believe this. I left the original Goodyear trailer tires on my 1984 Stars and Stripes for over 20 years. I live close (5 miles) to a lake and kept the boat in a dark insulated garage the whole time. I skied 4 times a week during that time. And, I took several out of town trips during that time as well. The tires looked good when I replaced them. I replaced them with Goodyear Marathons.
Sunlight is a huge factor in tire life. That dark garage went a long way. That's why the RV guys use tire cover when not in motion. Your original Marathons were built before the problems started.

SPECIAL PRICE

Old 07-24-2011, 04:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 S&S
I have had good luck with a set of Tow-Master Radials so far.

Keeping your tires properly inflated is key. Filling with Nitrogen will help a little with temp / pressure fluctuations however I think is is just a pain if you ever have to top up your tires. I don't keep tanks of Nitrogen at home. Remember regular air is 78% Ni already. For simplicity sake keep a tire Gage with you and just check the tires before you take off.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
Quote:
^So inquiring minds want to know what does the tire dealer have on his own personal trailer?
Probably LTs. Haha!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrgvup View Post
I have had good luck with a set of Tow-Master Radials so far.

Keeping your tires properly inflated is key. Filling with Nitrogen will help a little with temp / pressure fluctuations however I think is is just a pain if you ever have to top up your tires. I don't keep tanks of Nitrogen at home. Remember regular air is 78% Ni already. For simplicity sake keep a tire Gage with you and just check the tires before you take off.
Nitrogen can be a pain if you pick up a nail and have a flat if a generator is not available, but you could simply just add air and purge when it's available. I just like it because of the moisture and temperature control and makes the tires last longer from dry rotting, It's easy for me because I have a nitrigen generator at my shop. My customers that buy the nitrogen service receive free purge and refills for the life of the car under their ownership even if they don't buy tires from me.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Nitrogen can be a pain if you pick up a nail and have a flat if a generator is not available, but you could simply just add air and purge when it's available. I just like it because of the moisture and temperature control and makes the tires last longer from dry rotting, It's easy for me because I have a nitrigen generator at my shop. My customers that buy the nitrogen service receive free purge and refills for the life of the car under their ownership even if they don't buy tires from me.
Nice customer service.

SPECIAL PRICE

Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake2004 View Post
I was told by my Goodyear dealer that the Marathons are under warranty for 5 years and they will pay for any damage to a trailer if I were to have a tread separation within the 5 years. Has anyone tried to use this warranty? I decided to go with the Marathons last year because of this warranty despite all of the horror stories. I do not have to worry anymore as I do not own the boat anymore but I am curious if the warranty is legit.
I had to use this warranty on a set of G rated trailer tires. Goodyear not only fixed the camper but replaced the other 3 tires as well. You think there is damage to a boat trailer?

Tags
best tire, blow out, tires, trailer, trailer tires