Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 PM
mcboatfan

Airmar Speedometer Problems

I have a 2007 Prostar 197 with perfect pass and the oem mastercraft speedometer. About 2 weeks ago both of my speedo's quit working when i was on the local lake. I thought the Airmar sensor went bad, so i ordered one from the dealer. That did not help any. Then i thought the Deutsch plug was not making a good connection (it had a little corrosion in it), so i cut it out and put butt connectors in it's place. Still no help.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Does anyone have a wiring diagram? Should there be 12 volts on the hot wire coming to the plug?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
mcboatfan

more info on the problem

i just did the gauge self test. the mc speedo did the sweep as it should have in the test. the pp unit did not move. It is digital and i figure this is what it should do.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 04 X2
i am having the same problem... please someone give my my perfect pass back!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:19 AM
mcboatfan

i ended up taking my boat to the local dealer. he said there was a blown fuse behind the kick panel under the dash. He thinks i got some wires backwards when i was putting the new sensor in, but it quit working while i was using it. i think some moisture got in the deutsch connector and shorted the + to the - blowing the fuse. Hope you can fix yours without having to do what i did.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: mc prostar 197, 2007
Hi, I am having the same problem and cannot find the fuse under the dash...Opened the DBW black box but there is no fuse in it.
Going bananas here....HELPPPP
Seb
Old 05-23-2011, 02:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: mc prostar 197, 2007
Also if the fuse was blown wouldn't the whole unit blank and not just show 0 mph?