Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 11-10-2011, 07:15 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 pro star
winterization 2004 x star

2004 X Star

Correct me if I am wrong, when winterizing you drain the water out of the engine and exhaust manifold then screw back in the drain plugs in the engine block and the exhaust manifold.
Then run RV antifreeze through until it comes out the bottom of the Boat. Next put fogging oil through the tube of the PCV valve.

What is the simplest and safest way to winterize the ballast system
Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
See http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/show...1&postcount=10 for the ballast tank. Also, some people find a fitting and short piece of host to attach to the gallon of RV antifreeze, shove the hose partially down the ballast vent port and turn the gallon jug upsize down and raised above the vent port. Like in the post referenced above, drain all water first; then drain the antifreeze as well making sure what comes out is not too diluted. This is how I do it. I found the hose+fitting at Wal Mart for just a few dollars in the aisle where they have the oil. I also remove the ballast pump impellers and store for the winter just like I do for the raw water impeller. This may not be necessary as they are not as cramped in there like the raw water impeller but this give me a chance to inspect and replace as necessary.

See section 21 of your owner's manaual at http://mastercraft.com/files/manuals...ers_Manual.pdf.

I also refer to http://www.tylerskiclub.com/downloads.html where you will find a winterization and dewinterization checklist. Many thanks to Eastie for pointing me to these.

If you have a heater/shower, I would disconnect and blow out all the water. Given where you live, I would then dump in some antifreeze and blow that through as well just to be sure the water was displaced. I don't know how long it would take running the engine on antifreeze to ensure it got through the heater core plus it will not go through the shower at all anyways.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 pro star
2004 x star how to safely fold tower(it is heavy)
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Mishan View Post
2004 x star how to safely fold tower(it is heavy)
I did mine by myself but Im a bada** too though