Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 05:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 197 and 2007 X2
I hate leaving mine in over night.

A used hoist is cheap insurance. I think I paid 1200 for mine. Then again, we have zebra mussels and although they are FANTASTIC for making the water clear and beautiful, they can kinda screw up things that sit at docks so I guess I have a bit more motivation....

Was that a run on?? Mondays...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 15
Here she is

Here is a picture of my new boat, I was hoping to be able to get her in the water this weekend and move her to my slip but since the forecast has now changed to a slight chance of snow on Saturday I may be waiting a little longer than I had hoped.

This is a pic from the dealership after our test drive. I haven't picked it up yet do the the weather and it kills me that I bought it but don't yet have it.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2011, 07:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Love the colors! That is a great looking new MC.

For what it's worth, I leave my boat in a slip all summer...pull it once or twice to clean the bottom. Yes, it gets dirty as heck sitting in the lake, but it gets used exponentially more because I don't have to trailer it to the lake with my young kids. Try to find a used lift, but regardless, use the snot out of the boat...that's why you bought it! Congrats!

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:42 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 15
The reason we got a slip is because of the kids and time involved in towing. We have an 18 month old and a 4 Year old. It is just going to be a lot easier with the boat on the lake already. As far as cleaning, I have a buddy who has a mobile detailing business so I may just get him to pull it twice a season and give her a thorough cleaning.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Wow - Nice baot!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpolen View Post
Love the colors! That is a great looking new MC.

For what it's worth, I leave my boat in a slip all summer...pull it once or twice to clean the bottom. Yes, it gets dirty as heck sitting in the lake, but it gets used exponentially more because I don't have to trailer it to the lake with my young kids. Try to find a used lift, but regardless, use the snot out of the boat...that's why you bought it! Congrats!

I will put on googles and go under the boat and scrub it down.. works great and looking pretty

I agree that you use your boat more when you don't have to worry about trailering, launching etc.

I bought a boat to use it... aka I average 90-120 hours a season... if you put on 20-40 hours shame on you....even more shame on you if you live in a warm climate. You need a lift because you boat just sits there while mine is out counting the hours and burning lots of fuel!

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X80 twin mcx 2010 X55
This doesn't help the person in east TN. but if someone in central AR. needs a good lift I have a 3 tank 6500lb lift currently set up for an X-55 for sale at Eden Isle Marina on Greers Ferry lake.$3700
Old 03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-15
@Flashydubber I will definitely be scrubbing it down, we usually hold up in a shallow cove after we get our boarding in for the day. My biggest fear is blistering but it sounds like that is less likely than it used to be.

P.S. Changed username since I initially registered and I was still showing as guest, never heard back from Admin on getting it fixed so just opened a new account the right way.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 Prostar 205
Very nice looking boat. Love the red.
Acme 541
PerfectPass Stargazer Wakeboard Edition
Old 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

We are in TN and use an Econolift (had it for 5 years, not one issue)- about 60% the cost of hydrohoist - gets the boat completely out of the water - uses a large square float instead of the tubes - doesn't rock, very stable and very solid hardware. You could contact them and find out who here does their installs.

Tags
dock, mooring, slip