Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2011, 04:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskingumriverdocks View Post
I like the panels in second picture. What year is your boat, and did those year MC's come that way? Previous owner of my '76 put side panels that went to the floor. I removed them but there's about 40 holes on each side, plus the aluminum trim is missing.
I also like the red metal flake and white. You got a picture of the whole boat somewhere?
My interior is 100% original never been touched so what you see is the way it came from MC. I re did the combing boards as close to original as possible, when mounted the screws will be covered with buttons.

Here is the boat as of last year...

She looks a lot more purdy now and after the interior is done it will be enjoyed for a few seasons before I tear down the motor. Thing runs so good its almost a crime to fix whats not broken yet.

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-

Last edited by 03geetee; 03-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age Fighter View Post
love the stitching with the carpet color.
Thank you we spent a lot of time looking at stock 83 interiors and thought of a way to break up the solid color (there are no highlights like the 84 and ups) without being tacky. This is what I suggested and I like it ALOT so far. Driver and rear seat should look killer with the stitching but I will have to wait until next week.

Thank you for the compliments and I wish I had more information about the rear lifting ring never seen another one so I am not sure.

Also does it matter that my HIN has two extra letters at the end "PD"?

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03geetee View Post
Thank you we spent a lot of time looking at stock 83 interiors and thought of a way to break up the solid color (there are no highlights like the 84 and ups) without being tacky. This is what I suggested and I like it ALOT so far. Driver and rear seat should look killer with the stitching but I will have to wait until next week.

Thank you for the compliments and I wish I had more information about the rear lifting ring never seen another one so I am not sure.

Also does it matter that my HIN has two extra letters at the end "PD"?

JTR
Rear lifting ring is not a stock item. Some one added that.

Mastercraft HIN for the Stars and Stripes boats are a lot of mystery. There are a bunch of threads dealing with them to be found with the lousy search function found here. Mine has an extra digit or two, as do plenty others. There is no published standard for decoding all the numbers. I suppose if we started a thread with HIN and corresponding boat features, we might be able to figure it out.

Never would have thought a pirate would be so good at doing a boat interior.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 03-12-2011, 07:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I like the panels in second picture. What year is your boat, and did those year MC's come that way? Previous owner of my '76 put side panels that went to the floor. I removed them but there's about 40 holes on each side, plus the aluminum trim is missing.
I also like the red metal flake and white. You got a picture of the whole boat somewhere?
The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.
Attached Images

Free Delivery

GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

Old 03-13-2011, 11:29 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Rear lifting ring is not a stock item. Some one added that.
I'd be interested to see how they're mounted to the stringers..... through bolts or lag bolts..... I'd never trust lifting the boat by lag bolts

and I don't understand why vertical strap is "off center" of that plate

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1974 & 1976 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
[quote=thatsmrmastercraft;738621]The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.[/QUOTE

I would like to keep it close to original as possible,it's just to butchered up to leave bare. Not that I'm trying to restore it (got 1 can't seem to get done),just wanted a boat to throw in and use. I see your '77 has a L shaped observers seat. Did any '76's have them? Like them better, a little more comfortable . When I bought my '74 it didn't have a back seat or a ski platform, read somewhere that wasn't uncommon. I have 1 picture of it I think. Unfortunately I was never much of a picture taker, something I regret now.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I'd be interested to see how they're mounted to the stringers..... through bolts or lag bolts..... I'd never trust lifting the boat by lag bolts

and I don't understand why vertical strap is "off center" of that plate

Because the helm and cable are right there and you cannot mount it the same on both sides. The center bar is offset to clearance a few things in the bilge.

Let me assure you the boat was hung in the air for 20+ years by the lifting ring up front and this in the rear. There are no cracks, bubbling, ruptures whatsoever near any of the mounting points. What ever, who ever how ever did this knew what they were doing and its worked flawlessly. Part of the reason you can eat off the bottom of this boat and the sides arent all jacked up from floating next to dock. Pretty neat system the guy had.

JTR
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1974 & 1976 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by setidball View Post
Lookin Good! Perhaps this will scratch that itch....http://youtu.be/QJR_cgwhUe8?hd=1
NICE!!!! How many feet off and was that 36mph? Looked like he was waiting on the bouys.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
MC Master Poster

[quote=muskingumriverdocks;738676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
The older boats were pretty spartan as far as the interior goes. Combing pads and deluxe interiors didn't come around for a few years. 1980 might be the first year, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a good pic of the interior handy. This is from when I first got my boat a couple years ago before it was even running, but it shows the bare insides without combing pads.[/QUOTE

I would like to keep it close to original as possible,it's just to butchered up to leave bare. Not that I'm trying to restore it (got 1 can't seem to get done),just wanted a boat to throw in and use. I see your '77 has a L shaped observers seat. Did any '76's have them? Like them better, a little more comfortable . When I bought my '74 it didn't have a back seat or a ski platform, read somewhere that wasn't uncommon. I have 1 picture of it I think. Unfortunately I was never much of a picture taker, something I regret now.
The driver's seat that came in my boat was from a Ski Centurian. The observers seat and backrest also came from that Ski Centurian. I don't know if the seat base is original, but I suspect it also isn't original.

I see nothing wrong with adding any necessary additions to your boat to make it functional and good looking. Nicely done combing pads would give it a good look and functionally take care of all the holes. Not every boat has to be a full blown restoration.

Free Delivery

GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 ProStar 190
Quote:
NICE!!!! How many feet off and was that 36mph? Looked like he was waiting on the bouys.
Can't say I know...wasn't there...just thought it was a sick video for some motivation!!!