Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 08-19-2017, 04:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft 230 vrs 2001 330hp
'01 Maristar rough idle issue

Hi first post here, I have a 2001 Maristar 230vrs 330ltr that was running perfect all this summer, only had it since last year. We had severe rain about 1 month ago and the 3-4 times ive been out since it has had a rougher idle, starts right up as usual but idle and taxi speed has more of a hestation type of feel with more vibration. Problem seems to get better with more throttle to where im not sure i notice it, just idle and very low speed. No check engine light coming on. Im no expert but i did check a spark plug and it looked clean although I didnt check all of them. I also added 2 cans of Seafoam and that didnt help (thought maybe water in fuel). Any thoughts or things to try next? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 86 Magnum Skier
Couple simple things to check. What is the resistance on the coolant temp sensor (2 wires for the ECM)? You say you had some hard rains, was the boat uncovered? May be unrelated but alot of the 210 boats have a tendency to leak water on to the ecm and the plugs will corrode. Worth taking a peek. Lastly when was the last time plugs and wires were replaced? The wires that so on top of the water pump are prone to arcing out. May just be time to change them.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft 230 vrs 2001 330hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminscj View Post
Couple simple things to check. What is the resistance on the coolant temp sensor (2 wires for the ECM)? You say you had some hard rains, was the boat uncovered? May be unrelated but alot of the 210 boats have a tendency to leak water on to the ecm and the plugs will corrode. Worth taking a peek. Lastly when was the last time plugs and wires were replaced? The wires that so on top of the water pump are prone to arcing out. May just be time to change them.
Thanks for the response. Boat was covered but def seemed a little damp after these rains. I will check into those things you listed, I believe plugs were changed 2 years ago not sure about wires though.