Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
polaroid xs100i camera

Anyone have any experience with one? It looks like you can get one for $180. I don't think I want a POV camera bad enough to spend the money on a go pro, but I just saw the price on this one and have been considering it. It looks like it's got all the features I would want. I saw some concerns about the mount interface tabs being vulnerable, but it looks like you can get replacements for $5. I'd use it mainly for snow skiing and would try it out on the wakeboard and slalom ski maybe. I'm debating an impulse buy to take on our trip to Whistler in 2 weeks.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:31 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Anyone have any experience with one? It looks like you can get one for $180. I don't think I want a POV camera bad enough to spend the money on a go pro, but I just saw the price on this one and have been considering it. It looks like it's got all the features I would want. I saw some concerns about the mount interface tabs being vulnerable, but it looks like you can get replacements for $5. I'd use it mainly for snow skiing and would try it out on the wakeboard and slalom ski maybe. I'm debating an impulse buy to take on our trip to Whistler in 2 weeks.
Youtube has TONS of comparison videos that rarely show the Polaroid has pretty good quality and is particularly good if you or your kid is uber destructive and you want a 'disposable' camera so you don't feel bad when you throw it out. I suggest finding a Contour Roam or Sony Action Cam or a on Amazon (or even cheaper on Ebay) before going with the Polaroid as the others seem to have better quality images & features.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
menards sells a sharper image version for like 40 bucks. Any reviews on that thing from anyone on here?

NeverMind

http://www.amazon.com/Sharper-Image-...owViewpoints=1
Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
a cheap can camera can be had here - not many mount options tho'

chinese stuff.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: supra comp
the jvx addixion cam is a really great camera. The contour is a good cam. as well but they are now out of business however, the new ION camera appears to be the same exact camera. The polarid camera is ok but I would go with a gopro because you know they will be around for a while if you have any problems and they also have more options for mounting and there is a lot more coming out over the next year.