Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-24-2004, 10:03 AM
buddyowe

Question Technical Manual for LT1

I have a '97 Maristar 225VR with the LT1 engine. I want to start doing some of the routine maintenance and repairs. My first job is a solenoid and/or starter.

Does anyone have a source for the shop manual for this engine? Is a standard Corvette engine version OK, or is the marine version different enough to justify a special one? I have been searching the web and have not found an answer.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:17 AM
MC Master Poster

Most of the marine is the same as the car motor. The raw water cooling, CG approved alternator & starter and calibration being the main differences. You won't need a manual for the starter/solenoid work.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Roelaux

I have a Protour Corvette 350 Lt1 EFI i have been having a hard time finding any info on it. Manuals, Shop Manuals etc... From what I have learned MC didn't even put out a Owners manual for the Protour because they are so rare. To my understanding they only made 25 of these boats with my setup package in 1994. I have the 24th. If you do fined any info on a sevice or shop manuel please let me know. Thanks R D
Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
I've got a photocopy of the elect and fuel system troubleshooting from a manual. Can email them to you if you need them. Got them from someone on this site many years ago, Andre maybe?

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, 2006 Maristar 245 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelaux View Post
I have a Protour Corvette 350 Lt1 EFI i have been having a hard time finding any info on it. Manuals, Shop Manuals etc... From what I have learned MC didn't even put out a Owners manual for the Protour because they are so rare. To my understanding they only made 25 of these boats with my setup package in 1994. I have the 24th. If you do fined any info on a sevice or shop manuel please let me know. Thanks R D
Hi i have the same boat who can i know what number is mine??????