Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2011, 12:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-15, Solid Black, Z5 Cargo Rack
Quick connect for bumper bouys?

Can someone help me with this... We always have to tie and untie our bumper bouys when pulling to to dock. Sometimes we need them on the other side. Its a pain to move to the other side and adjust height quickly. Is there an alternative to doing this? Looking for a quick connect of some sort to make this easier. There are easy connectors that clip to the rails of a pontoon boat but haven't found anything that is made to clip to a wakeboard tower. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 01:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X Star, 2005 X2
I tie a small rope (1/4" cord) around each tower leg (or where ever you normally attach your fenders). The cord is loose. I then tie an inexpensive aluminum carabiner to each fender. You use the carabiner to clip the fender to the loose cord allowing you to remove or move fenders instantly.

If needed, you can place either an adjustable slip knot on the fender to adjust the height of the fender, or have a few loops of different length on the cord attached to the boat.

Get cord to match your boat and most folks will never even notice the cord is present.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 SD
Not sure what size the cross-members are on your tower, but Overtons stocks a few different fender gizmos. see if this link works:

http://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_ima...Ne=1000&N=2773

I bought a couple "Fender Tender II's" last summer that just barely fit onto the grab rail of my PS205. You may want to look at the "Kwik Adjust fender locks." West Marine may have some other options too. Vision's carabiner idea doesn't sound bad either...
Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercrafts and Seadoos
We have these installed on a 2003 X9 and really like them. We also have additional loose fenders that can be tied on the tower at different heights depending on the docking scenario.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...2&merchID=4006

Last edited by hutchej; 01-27-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: link
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Send a message via MSN to Holman J.B.F
use a fender knot
Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Put your bumpers out, adjust the line length, tie a loop in the end and hang it from a point on the tower that allows you to hang,. theres NO pressure from a hanging bumper at the point from where its hung. When you dock on the other side, throw the bumper over and hang it again. No holes to drill! More more thing, Write your name somewhere on the bumper, cause for some reason, they like to disappear! I always wrote where each bumper hung from too. For example, "rear pylon". That way when you dig it out from storage you'll know right where it goes.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 XStar; 2014 X10 Ordered
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtk38 View Post
Not sure what size the cross-members are on your tower, but Overtons stocks a few different fender gizmos. see if this link works:

http://search.overtons.com/?Ns=p_ima...Ne=1000&N=2773

I bought a couple "Fender Tender II's" last summer that just barely fit onto the grab rail of my PS205. You may want to look at the "Kwik Adjust fender locks." West Marine may have some other options too. Vision's carabiner idea doesn't sound bad either...
I use the Qwik Tek fender straps on page 2 of this link. They work great and are quick and easy.