Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2004, 01:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
I am a MORON

Hit a record temp yesterday, 102, in ole Eugene OR.. Loaded up Patty and the boat and went out to a local lake here that has some nice boats moored in some different spots for an evening cruise to cool off and look at some boats...
AS we were heading to the ramp to load up and leave, I saw a real nice 40 some footer ( way too big for this lake) docked right next to the ramp down one of the docking areas... I turned around went down the "lane" of boats to look this beauty over.. I wish I could tell you what it is but suffice it to say it was a Miami vice style of boat probably worth $175,000 or so??? It looked brand new as I could no see any numbers on the Royal blue hull...
WELL. between the good old inboards lack of steering, backing and a slight wind as I was trying to turn and get out of the docking area I friggin smacked this boat right on the bow with my right rear.. I know I know, what a dumb A$$... I was in shock.. The owner was on it and he and a friend walked down the bow to see me.. After apologizing profusely, he bent over the front and I, from my boat, tried to ascertain any damage to his... Neither could find any... They actually laughed when I told them I came down to look at his boat, but I certainly didn't mean to run into it... I still feel like a jerk this morning.. Makes me want to sell my boat I am so disgusted with myself....
My boat bent my Anchor lite ( no biggie) but the fuel vent got smacked which translates into some hull damage ( big stress cracks around it in the hull).... I think I hit his bow tie on with my fuel vent...

I think the moral here is if it would have been my boat I would have killed the dumb A$$ who hit it.. These people were so cool I couldn't believe it.. Either it was alcohol or they just have too much money, but I do know alot of A$$hole rich people, so I just don't know..

Anyway I am still very upset and I think I might drive out to the marina and look the guys boat over again... I just believe in doing whats right.... Rick
Old 07-24-2004, 02:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Rick,
I know those boats are hard to not look at. I work in Chicago and drive down lake shore drive frequently. It amazes me how many big yachts, boats, and sailboats there are all along lake shore drive. I find myself always looking at them while driving. Not a good idea in Chicago.

Last edited by stevo137; 10-12-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:18 PM
MC Maniac

I wouldn't worry about it if they told you that there was no damage. I guess if it was me, and it still was eating at me, I would probably go back and take a look. If you did damage his boat, definately report it to insurance.

Last edited by stevo137; 10-12-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:56 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Or take a case and offer it to them. Accidents happen Rick. It sucks, but that's life. I'd probably feel pretty bad as well.

I had the opposite thing happen to me. I was tied up on the dock (runs parallel to the river) the Lock was open and the current was ripping. Some guy in a brand new Welcraft Scarab with a few babes pulled up and were going to tie up in front of me. He was going into the current as soon as he got into the spot he let off the throttle. The side of his boat slammed into my bow pretty good. Fortunately I was lower then him. My rub rail left a big old mark down the side of his boat. I was on the pier when it happened so I started instructing him what to do and I even tied him up. Then I checked out the boat. Mine was fine, his well it left a big mark. It was his first boat and first time out on the water. He apologized profusely, no harm no foul. Sh*t happens. Just keep it in mind Rick if someone hits you if it's really an accident. Now if their just stupid well open a can of whoop *** on em'!
Old 07-24-2004, 05:18 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Rick, that stinks. I feel for you, man. I don't believe what the others say, going back for a secon look, or to take them a case of beer makes you a gentleman and a scholar in my book. Sorry to hear about it though. But I know how you feel.

Just got the prop back from OJ for my FIL's boat. Looks good. Should get the boat back early next week. Then to the glass shop. Eating T-bell for a while.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
The guy last night said he was going to pull the boat out today.. I figured that would be quite an undertaking.. I did drive out there today and the boat was already gone.... I will keep my eye out for it this summer... Of course it was the most expensive boat on the lake I decided to hit... I looked it over last night, it was getting dark, and I am pretty sure there was no damage to his....
Old 07-24-2004, 06:12 PM
MC Maniac

Rick,
Time for a drink! I'm sure those guys knew that you were sincere and just got caught in a pickle. I know that type of boater, they travel the country during the summer and many of them are some of the nicest people you could meet.

Last edited by stevo137; 10-12-2004 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:07 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Wow

That's bad Rick.Accidents happens very quick sometimes...Could have been much worst...Could have been your 200+ k boat,and then i'm sure that everybody on the lake would have heard a real loud:

"Another ******* with a MasterCraft!"

The Good thing nobody was hurt.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:12 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Yeah Rick, could have been your new X-80 with dual engines.

I want to hear about this girlfriend Rick. Lets see a photo. C'mon give up the goods.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:32 AM
Leroy

Take is easy Rick, that's what boating is for! I know it's hard for what I think your personality is, perfectionist, attention to detail, everyone should do everything right including yourself!

I have one each in my family. I'm like the guys in the boat, whatever, let's have fun, accidents happen! (maybe the alcohol also!) My wife is the attentive to detail, perfectionist, no mistakes, and cannot let anything go. I know she would be beating herself up for months with a incident like you had. I try to tell her, it happened, it'll be ok, let it go and move on, but she can't...... Cleaning is also in her genes and my boat is really clean when she leaves it! Last night she was the one getting vinegar and water, pulling all the seats out to clean and dry!

You did the right thing by talking with them when it happened. If you can't see the damage I would say there is none on a boat that size.