Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-13-2016, 03:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-star
2000 X-star Work

Hello all,

I bought a 2000 x-star last Nov as an end of the season deal and I am very much looking forward to getting it back out to use along with putting some work into it. I wanted to create this thread to post my progress as well as get advice from people. I am going to primarily use the boat for wakeboarding. I will try surfing if I can find a deal on a good board. I will list below what I plan to do to it:

1) Install perfectpass - Does anyone have any leads on used perfect pass units? I looked up the installation on youtube and it seems straight forward. It just takes some time. Also recommendations on what unit to get?

2) Redo the upholstery - There are quite a few tears and stretches in the seats covers. Some are in great condition, while others need some work. The bow seats and the back seat mainly

3) Get wakeboard racks - The previous owner didn't have any so I will absolutely need to get some. I was looking at some reasonably priced ones on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakeboard-To...UAAOSweuxWRT7A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-QUICK-RE...YAAOxy0x1TQeOJ

4) Install an Integrated Ballast System - I have already acquire two fly high pro x sacs. One is the hidden bow sac and the other is a 750 stern sac. I need to get a Straight line 375 or fly high tube sac for the ski locker. I think the dash only has two aux rockers available for use for the IBS, but I could be wrong on that.

5) Get a new wrap for the boat - the only reason I am considering this is because my wife's uncle does it for a living and we could get a really good deal. Personally I love the design of the 08 decal:
http://www.onlyinboards.com/App_Them...to/318123.jpeg

6) Install a gas-lift for the sunpad - Currently there is just a pole in there to keep it up much like the hood of a car. I want to create a lift-gate type of effect.

Any other suggestions from people for this model year are perfectly welcome as well.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Xstar
Congrats on a great boat. I have a 2000 star as well and really enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Be sure to post up some pics.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:12 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas21 View Post
Congrats on a great boat. I have a 2000 star as well and really enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Be sure to post up some pics.
I definitely plan to. The boat is still in storage. I probably will wait for Ohio April showers to finish before I get it out.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:21 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 X-30 MCX
You'll love the wake on that boat. Sounds like it doesn't have any ballast system in it now? If it does you might consider pulling out the aerator pumps and going with reversible.

I second your thought on going with the 08 decal. If you were to ever sell the boat, the decal over a full wrap would help. Full wraps generally make people think "I wonder what they're hiding under that!".

Look forward to seeing your progress!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:32 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
where are the pictures?????
Old 04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith2230 View Post
You'll love the wake on that boat. Sounds like it doesn't have any ballast system in it now? If it does you might consider pulling out the aerator pumps and going with reversible.
The only ballast I have for it is the fly high pro x bags I just acquired. I only need to acquire the ski locker sac and then I want to do the integrated ballast. Any recommendations on pumps? When I buy my gear for anything (cars, computers, house stuff), I go for quality but not Cadillac.

Quote:
I second your thought on going with the 08 decal. If you were to ever sell the boat, the decal over a full wrap would help. Full wraps generally make people think "I wonder what they're hiding under that!".
I was actually considering a full wrap just because I like the scarlet. However, I will consider your thoughts on the ideal of other people thinking I am "covering something up"

Quote:
Look forward to seeing your progress!
I will be happy to post it all. Thanks for your
Old 04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 X-Star, 330 LTR
I have a 2000 star, love it.

You might want to get some lead and stuff in the nose behind the back of the bow front seat. The 205v loves bow weight.

To take full advantage of the ski locker you have to get a custom sack from fly high. I think mine is 80 inches long, with all 3 hose connections on the end, none on the top so the locker door doesn't pop open.

If you are going to weight it heavy you will want an upgraded prop. I run the acme 1235, it does great for boarding and surfing. I think OJ has an equivalent now.

Enjoy!
Old 04-14-2016, 09:09 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190 LT1/Powerslot
As for the racks, I would consider getting something with a quick release bolt so you can take them off. Keeps them from banging into other boats when you're tied up or docked closely to each other. Also allows you to take them off and keep them out of the sun when not in use. Swivel is nice feature as well but not necessary.

That's all the help you're getting until some pics are posted.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit628 View Post
I have a 2000 star, love it.

You might want to get some lead and stuff in the nose behind the back of the bow front seat. The 205v loves bow weight.
I have a bow sac that full will be about 650 lbs:
https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...d-bow-sac.html

Quote:
To take full advantage of the ski locker you have to get a custom sack from fly high. I think mine is 80 inches long, with all 3 hose connections on the end, none on the top so the locker door doesn't pop open.
I was just going to go for a straight line 375 or a fly high pro x tube sac:
https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html
https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-...g-bag-375.html

I am currently scanning CL for any used ones. I know these won't completely fill the compartment, but it should probably be pretty good. Any thoughts against?

Quote:
If you are going to weight it heavy you will want an upgraded prop. I run the acme 1235, it does great for boarding and surfing. I think OJ has an equivalent now.

Enjoy!
Interesting I thought only OJ props would work for Mastercraft. I can now widen my search net for both. I will upload a picture of my prop in the future to get everyone's advice on whether I need to replace. I remember there being a few dings.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 04-14-2016, 12:06 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
As for the racks, I would consider getting something with a quick release bolt so you can take them off. Keeps them from banging into other boats when you're tied up or docked closely to each other. Also allows you to take them off and keep them out of the sun when not in use. Swivel is nice feature as well but not necessary.

That's all the help you're getting until some pics are posted.
I like the idea on the quick release on the racks. I won't be tied up to a dock very often, but I if I ever am, I would like to have the option.

I see below for a picture of the boat. It's not much, but at least it's a start.

Thanks for the tips on the racks!