Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 Stars and Stripes
Rhino Liner on Trailer?

I have a few estimates to get my trailer repainted. I was wondering if anyone has seen a trailer that has been Rhino Lined instead of painting. My friend works at the "tuff-skin" (like Rhino Liner) and could probably cover the trailer for about $100 less than a decent paint job. The prep work is less and it should be immune to the elements.

My other option is to grind the old paint off and cover it with rust- oleum. Any input is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93' Prostar 190
Send a message via Yahoo to jake
I am considering do the same on just the cross members of my trailer. Would be very interested in the results if you decide to do it. Please post some pictures.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Line-X... None beDDer...

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft, 19 skier, 1982, ford 351,
herculiner is another one that you can just roll on. And i don' recall it being more than $80. Saw it at Fleet Farm
Old 08-10-2005, 03:31 PM
ski_patrol_72

Its the way to go

Hi guys, on my trailer for work (45 foot topper hauler) I had it sprayed with a Rhino Liner (all the same stuff) and I have done 5 years of towing through Canada, Montana, and Idaho, thats about 375,000 miles on it. Its still looks good, a little worn on the lower frame rails, but not as bad as paint would be. And its so simple to prep. The trailer is 45 foot long, 8 feet wide and 12 feet tall, all steel rails, Its the way to go.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Look into POR 15 it is a product produced originally for bridges, we have used it on truck frames, trailers, and multiple other projects. It works awesome. It is worth your time to look into it. DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR SKIN!! WEAR GLOVES and arm protection, it takes weeks to get it out of skin. The trick is preping the metal first, it is easy to do but read the directions. It is a paint, and gives a painted look.

Second, I would highly recommend looking into a shop in your area that could bead blast and powdercoat it. That is a permanent fix.

Just some ideas for you.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
I just herculined the inside of my Jeep. It was the roll-on stuff, but I used an under-body spray gun from harbor frieght (I think it was like $15.00 for the gun). Worked really really well. I just did it last week, so I can't vouch for the durability much. A bud of mine did the bed of his Kawasaki Mule 2 years ago & it still looks good. Faded, but good. If you want to keep a shine, Herc is not for you. Don't know about the other products. But - if you want protection - it works great!
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:45 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin' 4 Toys
Look into POR 15 it is a product produced originally for bridges, we have used it on truck frames, trailers, and multiple other projects. It works awesome. It is worth your time to look into it. DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR SKIN!! WEAR GLOVES and arm protection, it takes weeks to get it out of skin. The trick is preping the metal first, it is easy to do but read the directions. It is a paint, and gives a painted look.

Second, I would highly recommend looking into a shop in your area that could bead blast and powdercoat it. That is a permanent fix.

Just some ideas for you.
thanks for the information

this looks interesting...
manifold restoration http://www.por15.com/product.asp?productid=325

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine