Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-45, 2007, 8.1L
Tower light install on 2007 x45

Purchased some tower lights that are installed onto the end of the OEM tower cans and connected to the existing wires in the cans that appear to be pre-wired for can lights. Then went to the ballast gauge area to figure out the switch end of the install and could not find any wiring for the tower light switches, all the wires under the ballast gauges are taped together and within a plastic tube. Do i need to unwind all the tape and tear apart the tube to find the wires or am i missing a wiring harness for the switch that needs to be purchased separately?

On ebay i see this wiring harness but it is for 2010 boats not sure if i need something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-...08f402&vxp=mtr

Mark
Old 07-27-2015, 10:32 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft 08 x1 RTP 310
Mark,

I just make a similar install on my 2008 Mastercraft x1. You just need to find where the pre-wired wires feed in from the front legs of your tower. They are located beneath the dash and behind the kickplate. I purchased a wiring harness with a light switch and breaker button from great lakes skipper. http://greatlakesskipper.com/masterc...itch-w-harness. You may need a different switch to match your boat. Then you will need to power the switch up by connecting them to the power hubs behind the kick plate. It is a pretty easy install.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:43 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-45, 2007, 8.1L
Thanks for the info that is really helpful. The kick plate is the black breaker box right? So behind there i will find the other end of tower light wires that come prewired.