Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Having been over there once I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to keep a boat nice.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-Star
Send a message via MSN to Holman J.B.F
p.s that is not a X-Star the picture shows a X-2.....seeing the pictures it seems this engine hasn,t seen much maintenance,...needs new elbow gaskets for sure.
Anyway,nothing that can,t be fixed,might be interesting project for the right price.
Are parts available?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Out of idle curiosity (and somewhat related to the thread, especially if this guy purchases a boat over there), what do you salt water/air guys do, preventative maintenance wise, to keep your boats looking pristine? I owned two center console salt water fishing boats in the past but these were built for salt water and there was not alot of things to go bad - all fasteners were stainless and not a lot of comfy amenities. The only thing I ever did was flush with fresh water after each use and spray down the engine and some components with Corrosion X after every few outings. I also tried to find some fresh water ramp on the way back in and dunk the boat/trailer at the ramp. It seems that the only real thing thing MC adds to these boats for saltwater is closed cooling - everything else is the same???
Old 11-26-2010, 01:20 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-star 2005 maybe...
Hi gents,
Thanks for your comment. Bringing a boat back from the US could be an option as well but I need to check on the shipment cost and the import duties here. I have seen on internet some really nice X2 SS for cheaper than this one. The big problem will be the maintenance. The Mastercraft dealer here told me there is no pb to bring spare parts and that there are some good workshop in Doha, but it is also the same guy who told me that this crusader engine is running "very very welll" so I am doubtfull...
Generally speaking, having seen how they do the maintenance of cars here (when it is broken, just take another one) I am not optimistic at all. Imagine also that during summer temperature are higher than 50deg celsius and the water is very very very salty... boats are suffering a lot.
Will continue to work on it, anyway...

Tags
condition, price, purchase, qatar, x-star