Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Profwiz

1992 ProSport Question

Looking at a "rough" 92 proSport as project. Is 1400 hours too high? Have not heard engine run but says it does & have not driven. How is this boat in rough water compared to older flat bottoms like 86 Malibu Skier? What other problems to consider before purchase?
Thanks for any help, excited about getting a MC open bow.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
The boat will ride like a closed bow and ride rough in rough water. I dont ski in rough water but drive mine a lot going to party cove. If it is choppy, you gotta go slow like 15-20. The boat does not have any wood in it so rot will not be an issue. Other boat makers started going without wood after 95 and some later than that. Pics of the boat will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 11-25-2010, 02:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 Prostar 205
1400 hours is a lot, but it's all about the maintenance. When I was looking I was finding a lot of them with around 800. That's not to say it wouldn't be a great boat, but I personally would not buy it without running it. Of course, it should all be reflected in the price.

All flat bottom ski boats suck in rough water. As Kyle said, the 'Bu will have wood and you would need to check the stringers. The ProSport will be composite.

I think there's a used boat buying guide on here somewhere if you were to do a search.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:55 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Used Boat Buying Guide

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Bought my boat with 2300hrs and let me tell you its all in the maintenance! Boat runs like a top and has only had a timing chain replaced and the appropriate gaskets along with it. Pulls fine and my guy at the local marina thinks the hour gauge is on hyperdrive he doesnt believe it!

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-