Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MASTERCRAFT X-9 01 INDMAR 330 HP
I dont think you have a factory setup, the cans that were on my boat are mastercraft 5.25". they were the stock units and they were the first to go when I bought it. I now have (4) 6.5" Krypt audio HLCDs and (2) 8" Krypt audio HLCDs in the middle.Wet sounds xs-650-s in the boat. I have (6) alpine subs and (3) rockford fosgate amps running the mids and highs with (2) mtx jachhammers running the subs. I had the MB Quarts in my bryant for about 10 minutes and decided that they didn't cut it. If I had pics of the subs I'd attach them.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:53 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNIROOSTER View Post
The first thing I would check is the MB Quarts, if the speakers are blown or on their way out, it will cause the amp to run hot or to blow fuses. Disconnect your speakers and take them out of the cans. Get out your multimeter or ohm meter and check the ohm load (resistance) across the speaker terminals. If the speaker is a 4 ohm then you should have around 3.5 - 4 ohms of resistance. If it is much greater, then the speaker is likely blown. If it is within specs then it could be your amp. Reconnect your speakers. You will want to check the ohm load at the amp also, this will tell you if you have a short in your wiring and exactly what each speaker is pulling while connected and operating. If you are out of spec at the amp and your speakers are good then you may have a short in the wiring to the tower, check and recheck this! If your wiring is good then its the amp. If you want some serious volume while you are surfing/boarding then upgrade the MB Quarts to a HLCD speaker like the wetsounds pro 60s or 80s or the krypt audios also samson makes an awesome speaker too. If you are only going to replace the amp remember to match the amps rms to the Quarts rms. The rms of the amp can be greater just be sure to turn the gain down so you dont blow the quarts across the lake! I had a pair of quarts and they sounded ok, but for serious volume and sound quality I would recommend a better speaker like wet sounds 650 series or if you are on a budget get yourself a few pairs of polk db651s, they are relatively cheap and sound great.

I appreciate the advice, headed to the store to pick up an ohm meter. I will advise of my progress. Looking into the polks.. Thanks again!!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM
TT Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreddy View Post
I never could push the MB Quarts to a volume level that could be easily heard while behind the boat. I had always thought that my speakers and tower lights were aftermarket so I'm frankly a little surprised to see you have the exact same setup right down to the Boss3 cans. Can't remember exactly what amp I had but there was only one. The sub was under the dash pointing at the driver's knees if I remember correctly. It sounded good from inside the boat but didn't have near enough juice to push it out to a rider.

I am not sure if this was a stock setup... When I bought the boat, the Quarts were hooked up but the lights were not. This makes me think that the previous owner bought the speaker and light bar.. I removed the stock sub and replaced it with a 10" Marine Apline. I'm running two amps. One 800W Pioneer for my sub and replaced the stock deck speakers to Marine Infiniti's with the original Clarion amp for mids/highs. I need to check the wiring to make sure all of my connections are good. Thanks for confirmation on the Quarts!
Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 AM
TT Newbie

Today, I am installing blue LED's in the interior. Just got the main light from Abyss (M-300) and several 4 LED clusters to place around. Should look nice!! Next is the underwater lights!! I am wanting to install red LED's in the glove box, hatch and battery compartment as its a little hard to see things in blue. I was thinking about putting the lights in the cup holders and speaker grills as others have mentioned in other threads. I am not sure if there is a way to mount the lights inside the speaker grills that I have. Pic's will follow!

Thanks guys...
Old 10-03-2010, 02:59 PM
TT Newbie

Here are a few pics of the LED's I installed yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
TT Newbie

Here is the swim platform after a little sanding and first coat of teak oil. (before pic is on page 1)

Does anyone know where I can get a bezel for my tach gauge? Local Mastercraft Dealer says they don't sell just the bezel. Could not bring myself to replace the entire gauge for a broken bezel.. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Last edited by amax420; 10-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM
TT Newbie

Bezel Replacement?

Any suggestions on the bezel?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:07 PM
BricksBoatworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejdgreen View Post
I know the guy that owns Bricks, Travis, he is good friend of mine! They do do pretty good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax420 View Post
Yeah, I know Travis really well. Travis and Tom have been awesome. I highly recommend them for repairs or just winterization and storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
wow,
Hey I'm friends with Travis as well, those guys are great and we always take our boat there for service! Just down the road from us.
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future! Oh and make sure to check out our new website at http://www.BricksBoatworks.com

Hope your all having a great holiday season!
Cheers,
Travis & John Brick
Bricks Boatworks, Inc.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
You may want to give wake Makers a call on the siphon problem. The guys there focus primarily on ballast systems and may have a couple suggestions for you. While cruising their site a couple days ago I ran across this anti-siphon valve (http://www.wakemakers.com/1-inch-vented-loop.html). Seems like this may do the trick for you. Don't know if this will solve your problems but it may be a start in the right direction.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
This isn't a fix for the water leak, but might make your life a bit easier. Why not replace the manual valve with a high pressure/high flow asco solenoid valve that you wire up to a switch on your dash. Call it a master shutoff.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Tags
advice, ballast, led, lights, underwater