Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #12541  
Old 06-08-2012, 07:21 PM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 2,267
Can't repeat is my hero once again. Thank you everyone for sharing their little piece of summer!
Reply With Quote
  #12542  
Old 06-08-2012, 10:45 PM
tideengineer's Avatar
tideengineer tideengineer is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: 1996 Prostar 190 LT1
Location: Southeast
Posts: 551
...they never get old...oops, I mean I never get tired of my wife!
Reply With Quote
  #12543  
Old 06-09-2012, 01:15 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by tideengineer View Post
...they never get old...oops, I mean I never get tired of my wife!
Brother there are two things in life that never get old... our wives and Roll Tide Roll!!!!
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #12544  
Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 AM
nickespi's Avatar
nickespi nickespi is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Location: South
Posts: 890
CantRepeat does have a good eye. My first round with the 400s proved not enough power. Next maintenance will probably be 450s.
Reply With Quote
  #12545  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
CantRepeat does have a good eye. My first round with the 400s proved not enough power. Next maintenance will probably be 450s.
I think there is a general rule when powering or repowering.

5'5" and below min 400s 5'6" and above min 450s, more power is always better but would never recommend going over 675.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #12546  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
nickespi's Avatar
nickespi nickespi is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Location: South
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I think there is a general rule when powering or repowering.

5'5" and below min 400s 5'6" and above min 450s, more power is always better but would never recommend going over 675.
Yeah, guess I learned an expensive mistake. They push a lot more power fresh from the factory, but once they're broken in, you realize what you are missing. Hope they take dealer trades.
Reply With Quote
  #12547  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
Yeah, guess I learned an expensive mistake. They push a lot more power fresh from the factory, but once they're broken in, you realize what you are missing. Hope they take dealer trades.
Strangely enough, we look at 375s and thought we would be happy with that. It was the salesman that talk her into 450s and after about 4 or 5 months she was glad he did. She even made the comment that she would have been happier with a little more power.

We, like you, might be in for upgrades.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #12548  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 AM
nickespi's Avatar
nickespi nickespi is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
Location: South
Posts: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Strangely enough, we look at 375s and thought we would be happy with that. It was the salesman that talk her into 450s and after about 4 or 5 months she was glad he did. She even made the comment that she would have been happier with a little more power.

We, like you, might be in for upgrades.
Love it when the wife agrees!
Reply With Quote
  #12549  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:35 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,283
Well, she's 5'8" and could easily sport them. Who am I to argue with her?

I've gone completely off topic now. I should ban myself.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #12550  
Old 06-09-2012, 10:51 AM
-V-'s Avatar
-V- -V- is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 953
cant repeat.....PM sent
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.