Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 12:48 AM
MC4SNETS's Avatar
MC4SNETS MC4SNETS is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 2001 Maristar 210
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 129
New Gas Lift Springs

I recently replaced all of the gas springs on my 2001 210: V-drive hatch covers, engine cover, observer seat back, ski locker and glove box.

I found a great source with great prices I thought I would pass on:


All of mine were $15 each which is WAY cheaper than I could find locally or online anywhere else. Shipping was about $12 and they were here in a week. No complaints. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by MC4SNETS; 08-28-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:09 AM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 705
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Thanks man!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
kbarnhart kbarnhart is offline
TT Newbie
Join Date: Aug 2010
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 30th Anniversary Edition
Location: Mid Atlantic
Posts: 10
I got mine from ebay even cheaper... http://stores.ebay.com/randpcarriagestrailersales

They had great communication and shipped very fast and cheap. Same product as your factory link above.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 AM
MC4SNETS's Avatar
MC4SNETS MC4SNETS is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boat: 2001 Maristar 210
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 129
Good find!

I did a lot of Internet searching and probably did not find your source because they call them "Struts" which I know some folks call them, but they are actually springs in which they expand on their own when released as opposed to dampening bounce in both directions.

They need to find a new word for these buggers that everyone will know. They are not gas shocks or struts, they are springs.

Lift springs
Gas springs
Gas lift springs

Both sites should be posted in the FAQ HERE listed as "Where do I find replacement gas shock/strut/springs for my glove box/observer seat/engine compartment/V-Drive hatches?
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Wingnut Wingnut is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2013
Boat: 1998 M/C 205, 5.7 TBI
Location: Southeast
Posts: 186
Auto zone carries some that will work just look at the measurements from ball clip to ball clip. and the PSI you need $19.00 to 23$ but no shipping and if it doesnt fit take it back.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 AM
lakedawg's Avatar
lakedawg lakedawg is offline
TT Enthusiast
Join Date: Aug 2015
Boat: 2000 X5 "Red Five"
Location: Rabun County, GA
Posts: 324
Looked for 30 minutes and finally found the amazon prime equivalent i think...

JR Products GSNI-5300-30 Gas Spring
Lake Dawg
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 AM.