Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X-15ss 6.0
Thanks,
yeah when the weather warms up im going to try my best to seal it with the plastic tank repair.
its in such a bad spot too, the crack is on a corner and on the edge of the top and side. so its right in the seem.. the only good thing is that its pretty ez to get too right through the Center Drain access opening.
If this Plastic Tank repair kit doesnt work.. im not sure what the next step will be... maybe ten rolls of Ducktape and ill just go to town on it. haha
i will keep you posted on how it works out. and ill tyr and get pics too
Thanks
Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
My suggestion would be to reinforce the patch with something like a piece of screen to give your adhesives more strength. Spread your adhesive on, then the screen, then more adhesive. If you patch a wider area and reinforce, you will have better results.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 PM
TT Regular

yeah when i get the plastic repair i will try that.
when i first tried to fix it i used fiber glass resin and fiberglass sheets. i made it about 4 inches wider than the actualy hairline crack. but the fiber glass did not hold to the poly tank and the water blew it off. but ill try that same idea but with the plastic repair kit.
thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 09:49 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
The site below is something I used to repair my rv tanks and has worked well. If you have a crack you will need to drill a hole at each end of the crack or it will continue to crack after the repar.

http://www.shoprvparts.com/product.do?no=12573F
This did the trick!! so far so good. the tank is not leaking.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantx15 View Post
This did the trick!! so far so good. the tank is not leaking.
That's awesome!! Glad it work out for you.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:48 AM
TT Regular

Well... its back to the drawling board on this one. shes Pissing water again Straight through the RV tank epoxy.... it held for one fill. i took the boat out a second time filled it up... it held for about 5 seconds then shott a hole right through the patch....
there must me a crazy amount of pressure that is filling into this tank. why so much pressure? i dont understand its not just a small dizzel leak. when it leaks it comes out like a a supersoaker!

. that patch kit worked for one run. i may try and put twice as much on and cover it better.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantx15 View Post
Well... its back to the drawling board on this one. shes Pissing water again Straight through the RV tank epoxy.... it held for one fill. i took the boat out a second time filled it up... it held for about 5 seconds then shott a hole right through the patch....
there must me a crazy amount of pressure that is filling into this tank. why so much pressure? i dont understand its not just a small dizzel leak. when it leaks it comes out like a a supersoaker!

. that patch kit worked for one run. i may try and put twice as much on and cover it better.
Did you check the vent line to make sure it's not clogged some how?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft X-45, 2006, L18, slate gray/white
You got me thinking on this one...how did you even know it was leaking? I don't know if I would have noticed??
Old 05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
TT Regular

i thought that too, but the line must not be clogged Bc when the patch job did hold it over flowed out the side of the boat when filled like it should.. but i am able to tell it is leaking when it doesnt over flow out the side of the boat or it just dripps out. meaning that the water is comming out some where else. and when i opened up the circle opening in the center of the boat where you put your plug in. it was all filled with water from the ballast tank leakin.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
TT Regular

Alright so far so good,
i used a box knife and cut the crack open wider, not to much though. then i filled the crack with the plastic tank & radiator repair kit (two packages of this stuff) so far its holding strong. i filled it many times over the weekend. i think its good to go.