Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MASTERCRAFT, MARISTAR 240, 1989, 454 INDMAR
Heading to Lake Mohave Next Weekend

First time, at Katherine's landing. Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 PM
rilesez2

Lake Mojave

Saw your post and it's probably after the fact, but if you are putting in at Katherine's landing you will be near Davis dam. Good skiing early and late by dam. If it gets crowded you may need to head to the basin towards Cottonwood cove marina. Hang a right out on to the lake and head to the basin. If you put in at Cottonwood you will be at the basin. Lake widens out and you can get some nice water. The whole lake is great. If you have time and want a boat ride you can go all the way up to Hoover dam, check first because there are some restrictions. Plenty of coves, beaches, etc. Telephone cove @ Katherine's is not a bad place to put in jet skis and beach for the day. You can rent a slip at Katherine's, check in at the market. Laughlin's across the way, the Riverside has the best steakhouse. Not much in Bullhead to see but everything you need is available. Good striper fishing on the lake. The river is great, might be you'll like the cool water and it's the jet skier's choice. Have a good time.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for that.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Haven't been at Kathrine's in a while but the coves and beaches above Cottonwood are great with alot of areas with calm water. Plan a boat ride to Hoover you will enjoy it. Have fun! I'll be heading to Lake of the Ozarks on Friday.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200- Yamaha Pro-v
We just came back from a trip there last week. We had so much fun that we're heading back there again August 7th. It's $15 to launch for 5 days at Katherine's landing, and a decent 5 lane ramp. Mornings are excellent for water sports, but the wind usually comes up in the afternoons. Plenty of little coves to anchor or beach camp in. Plus, the water is so dang clear there that it's really easy to navigate! Let me know if you have any more questions!
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear the positive feedback. I'll let you guys know of our experience when I get back. Won't be able to make the Hoover Dam trip this time because of the restrictions. Only taking 4 days and no power boats between Willow and Hoover Sunday and Monday.