Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM
TT Regular

Pittsburgh/ Allegeheny River

Hi,

We have a small ski/ boarding club on the Allegheny river between lock #2 and #3, the Fox chapel,Verona, Blonox area. We are know as the Golden Triangle Water Sti Club. We have a slomen course and picknic area(complete with new outdoor facilities), as the old ones were trashed by the flood. We would suggest that any interested parties stop by and visit our Nine Mile Island location and meet some of our skilled and not so skilled members.
Owning a boat is NOT a requirement. In fact many members always seek additional people as spotters and fellow skiers.
The Crab and Filet party is scheduled for August 20 and it is to die for, but you must be a member or be invited by one.
The annual dues for this year are $ 90 and and are essentially eatible by a couple if they just attend.
Children are welcome, adult supervision, and I spray them with shaving cream and cause fights.

It is a fun place,
George, by the way, I do not ski
Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 AM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Hi George,

Iím just west of you in Cranberry and wouldnít mind checking out the club. How many members in the ski club, and how often are they looking for someone to join in?? I have never been on a course but have been curious.. What days would be best to find club members at the site??

Weekdays are always out of the question for me unless you have a daycare as well.. I get out skiing with my buddies on Sunday morning (usually) and try to get the wife and kids out on the boat either after I ski or on the other weekend day. Iím sure if I found ďthe courseĒ and the club to be as much fun as you suggest all that could change..

Could you pinpoint your location on a map?? No turnpike exit at Fox Chapel, right??

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
TT Regular

Hi Mark,

The ski island is also known as Nine Mile Island. There are about thirty members. There are no specific times for new membership and no limits on the number.I went to Google maps and you can see the island. I was going to link the page, but that did not work. Type in nine mile island pittsburgh pa. About half way between the Highland park Bridge and the turnpike bridge you will see two islands across from each other (below Longue Vue C.C.) The smaller one is 9 mile.The channel towards the southern shore is marked "water ski only. If you go to google satalite you can see the shelter.

If you wanted to take the turnpike, you would exit in Harmerville. Would you be bringing a boat? Or would you just like a ride to the island? No turnpike exit at F.C.

As to kids and day care, there are lots of kids and wives, but no day care.

There are some members who ski early each weekday morning and others who ski in the early evening on weekdays. Weekends are early morning and evenings as the river gets pretty busy during the afternoons.Members often group up for spotters and companionship.
If I knew how to private message here I would send you my phone #

George
Old 07-05-2005, 04:31 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Welcome George.

I have been to your ski site a couple of times. Once for a barefoot tournament and once to try out your course. It was a nice place, but I can guess the floods last summer wipped out what you had on that small island.

If I remember right, there are some shallow areas near your island. My prop has scars from one of them.

I usually hang out upriver between 7 and 8, but will try to make it down your way.

Link to Nine Mile Island

Last edited by ski_king; 07-05-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
TT Regular

Hi Powerslot,

The floods did a lot of damage, but all is rebuilt. I know of no shallow spots other than if one is too close to shore. In most areas the river drops fairly fast just off shore.

We lost most of our docks, our outhouse, the picnic tables and the course. Through the fine efforts of the members( two in particular) all was replaced in May and early June.

If you are comming down stop in and say hello.

George
Old 07-05-2005, 07:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Thanks Denny.

Thanks George, Iíll try to give you a call..

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo