Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-02-2005, 10:04 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Prostar 205V
Question Ballast Bag Keeps Emptying

Still pretty new to my 2000 PS 205V. Just completed my first 10 hours today. I have the ballast bag that runs down the center of the boat (where the ski locker is). The bag seems to fill OK. After a few minutes however, the bilge pump comes on (I keep it in Auto when on the lake) frequently and pumps quite a bit. After 3 or 4 cycles, I look at the ballast bag, and its pretty empty. If I refill bag, same thing happens. If I do not refill the bag, the bilge pump runs much less frequently.

Have I got a leaky bag? How could I test the bag (fill with air?)? Bad connector? Could it be a faulty bilge switch causing the bag to empty? Does the bag normally empty through the bilge hole? Thanks for any suggestions about what to look at first, second etc.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary XStar
There was a thread started about this same thing not to long ago. I am not computer literate enough to post a link. But you can find it under Watersports then Wakeboarding/Wakeskating. I think it was titled "05 X2 Ballast Locker Problem". Hope you can get some questions answered there. Good luck.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
Hey NewbieMastercraft, here's a link to the other thread: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...hlight=Ballast

We just had the new center ballast bag installed last week, haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We'll be heading out here in a bit for the rest of the weekend, so I should be able to let you know how it worked out by Monday night or Tuesday.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-Star, 2001 5.7L LTR
I believe that thre are three connections for the bag.

One for fill.
One for empty.
One for vent.

I would guess that either the empty or the vent has come loose. I would try filling the sac then try emptying it immedatley. If the pump to drain the sac works, then I would think it is the vent hose. On mine there is a combination of both quick connects and brass fittings.