Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 09:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X9
Power Cuts Cff When Ignition Accessory Position

I had the boat '03 X9 on the lift and was trying to listen to the radio. The ignition was in the accessory position, after about a minute there is a loud beeping noise and the power dies to all the accessories (or at least the radio that was on). It does the same with the ignition is in the on "run" position without the boat started. The battery seems to have a good charge, it fires right up after this happens. If I shut off the ignition and turn it back to the acc' position it repeats itself.

Haven't noticed it in the water but I really have run the radio with the boat off in the water.

Does anyone have any ideas what causes this? I didn't see anything in the manual.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 X-30, MCX
Sounds like your low-voltage alarm shut you down... If you use a multi-meter, how many volts is your battery after this happens? Do you have two batteries? If so, maybe the 2nd battery isn't getting full charge, but the starting battery is, so you can still start it...
Old 07-07-2010, 12:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC Prostar 209, 2003, 350H MCX 5.7L
JPK, I had the same issue. So, I took one of the switch spots below the throttle (PS209, so the 4 ballast accessory switch spots were blank) and wired the stereo direct. The lit, OEM switch was $15 from my local MC dealer and the connectors and wire were another $10 or so. I connected power via the ground plate and the B+ connections under the driver's console. Haven't had any problems since and I get the added benefit of being able to shut the stereo off from the driver's seat. I hate not being able to hear what the person in the water is saying!