Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-06-2010, 02:31 PM
upMIx2

Question X2 Vibration at quick take off fully loaded...any help?......

Hello - I am experiencing a vibration with my 06 X2 (190 hours) when there is more stess on the boat......i.e. - I am pulling up a boarder with 6-8 people on board. The boat is fine once up and running. The vibration is only from the get-go. I don't notice this vibration as much (if at all) when there is no load. The prop and shaft are like new.....no bends and the shaft appears to be straight when inspected. My thoughts are the shaft is out of alignment? To have this checked and aligned is fairly difficult as the closest dealer is 4 hours away and charges $300 for the inspection alone. I would like to at least narrow down my search for this problem before I take it to the dealer. Thank you so much in advance for all who reply!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 mastercraft xstar
Sounds like the prop is newer, but I have a buddy with a 04 Xstar that did the same thing especially when loaded with surf weight. He just bought a new prop from OJ because he wanted a lower pitch to handle the weight better, and now the vibration is gone. His old stock prop looked good no visual bends or dings.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Same thing with my 06X2 with the stock 13.7x17 prop. Just alot of weight to push with that prop I think. I propped down to a 14.5x14.25 and no mo vibration.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 mastercraft xstar
14.5X14.25 was the prop my buddy went with. - nice improvement
Old 07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X25 SS, 2009 CSX SS
Send a message via AIM to Waterski-Marcoisland
Make Sure All The Motor Mounts Have All Bolts On Them....grrrrr Marina...grrr
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 PM
upMIx2

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Thrall - I bet you had experienced exactly what I have. I think I'll prop down. Does anyone know what the boat/motor characteristics are like when your shaft is out of alignment?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
the prop doesnt have to be visually dinged to be out of balance. i experienced this in my 05 x2, prop looked new but i was getting alot of vibration on holeshot loaded. take it to a professional re-worker who can rebalance it.

Tags
alignment, shaft, shudder, vibration, x-2