Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 PM
zhendrixson

Exclamation Check Engine Light Mastercraft X-45

I have a 2006 Mastercraft X-45 and over the weekend someone had got into my boat while it was parked behind the resturant while we were eating! The cameras on the dock showed someone getting in the boat and when I got into the boat to leave the check engine light came on the rpm guage and a buzzer went off and the boat will not go over 5 miles per hour. What could of this person have done to make it do that? I dont want to load the boat out of the water and take it 2 hours away to a dealership if its something simple. We can not find the guy who did this but we do know that he worked on boats before and that he had done it to a couple of other boats that night. Any help would be great! Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
I dunno, but if I found the guy I'd make some new bunk carpeting outta his azz!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 x1
Wow, that's fuced up. Why some people do dumb **** to others property is beyond me. Sorry man. Contact the dealer.