Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2004, 03:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 19 FT, 1986 S&S, 351 Ford
Looking for a slalom course near Dallas, TX

I've skiied for over 9 years now... NEVER tried to ski a "course". Does anyone know if there is a course on Cedar Creek Lake in southeast Texas, or close to that area. Doug, I bet you might. I think it's time to give it a shot. I like to ski around 35... that seems a little hot for a run on a "course"... Thoughts/Comments?
Old 08-20-2004, 03:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
Tom
There is a private lake in Kaufman called Dream Lake. If you want to come up to Princeton near Mckinney I could pull you. Lake Tyler has a ski course East Texas may be able to get you on. www.princetonlakespoa.com
Old 08-20-2004, 04:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

George,
That sounds pretty tempting! I'll birng my ski home this weekend. Do you live on the water out there? I live in Plano and think I know the area you are talking about. Is it off 380 on the right side as you are driving towards Greenville?

Last edited by Tom Wortham; 08-20-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:01 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Tom, if you're ever this way, give me a shout. I'll pull you 'til you drop. My experience was that they needed to slow the boat down considerably to give me a realistic shot at the course.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Doug.... doesn't take too long before I drop. If I could get a daily run... I would be in a lot better shape... once a weekend or every other weekend. I'm still sore the next day (or two). I appreciate the offer... and might drop you a note. Have a great weekend... heading down to Cedar Creek for the weekend.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:54 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
No sweat. Don't know why I thought you were in Waco. Drop me a line any time. We skied through the end of November last year.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Let us know how it is to ski behind that machine! It sure is a beaut! Probably shouldn't post it though, remember what happened last time!
Old 08-23-2004, 10:15 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Sportstar
Tom,

There is a course on Cedar Creek. My inlaws have a place near maybank after the third bridge. If you go up in that cove there is a course set up. There is also a ski school up there. I have never had much luck with cedar creek though. I don't know if it is when I go or if I just have had bad luck but I don't even ski when I go down there anymore b/c the water is so bad. Sorry, I am not much help on where this course is on the lake. I know how to drive near it on land but no idea how to get to it from the rest of the lake. Only 34,000 acres...