Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
Reading this thread has got me thinking about my heater. I've never had experience with a boat heater before, but heard good things about them. I ordered one on my 2012 X-2, and it sucks. There are no pullout hoses and the air coming out of the vents is never very hot.

I looked at my engine plumbing. The supply comes from the front top of the engine, similar to Thrall's location. My return goes back to the top (thermostat housing maybe). I'm thinking about replumbing it into the raw water intake to try getting better flow. I'm a little concerned about returning hot water into my cooling water supply. I'd assume there would be enough lake water coming in to overcome the heater return. I could also install a shut off valve to turn it off during the warmer months. Is this plumbing setup common? Why didn't mine come that way from the factory?

I also noticed heatercraft has a hot tube extendable vent. Just looking at the picture, it looks like it would fit where my large vent under the oberserver's seat. There weren't any dimensions, so I'll call them tomorrow to get them. I'm also wondering why my current vent is so large if it's not extendable. I messed around with it again tonight, but couldn't get it to pop out. Here's some pictures of my vent.
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

I called Heatercraft today to get some more information. They told me that they are no longer supplying Mastercraft with heaters. Anyone know where they're coming from now? He gave me dimensions for their hot tube extendable vent. I'm going to try adding it if it fits well in my current vent location.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ok, so I'm an idiot. I was looking at my vent again today and looked inside the vent and could see the hose inside the tube. I pulled hard on the vent, and it does pop out, although not very easily. I still need to get it blowing hot air.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Ok, so I'm an idiot. I was looking at my vent again today and looked inside the vent and could see the hose inside the tube. I pulled hard on the vent, and it does pop out, although not very easily. I still need to get it blowing hot air.

So did you get your heater temperature issues fixed? I'm about to take delivery of a 2012 X2 and I hear that the engine thermostat from the factory was just too cold and that many people requested higher temp thermostats from their dealer to solve the heater low temp issues. My X2 didn't come with a heater so I'll have to install this myself, but I don't want to pay the dealer for a new thermostat if I can avoid it.