Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: between boats
JDUB,

sorry to hear about your issues with copy cat, FWIW we (Midwest MasterCraft) use C&E Upholstery out of Savage MN for 99% of our upholstery work. I can get you their contact information if you like. I do not work from them but have sent a lot of seats their way and been very happy.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-2
I'll second Corey. I've had work done by C&E Upholstery (referred by Midwest MC) and was 100% satisfied.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
(865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
friant9@aol.com

I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
atlfootr

Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM
AJS

Skins

If I understand correctly,
They used the seat covers you sent them and now those measurement don't work??
Is heat the way to go??
I just got mine back Have a heater.
Mine came straight off the seat to them.
How long have you stored your boat at your parents and do you think your covers shrank in storage?????????
I will update but the first one (helm) fit.
By the way did you or did you not work with them previously as suggested by others.
Or are they suggesting you did ??
Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 89 Mastercraft Prostar 190 351 Indmar
I read this thread before I had my cushions redone on my 89 prostar 190 and was a bit concerned but decided to go ahead and try them anyway. I must say I was very impressed. They did a great job of matching colors. We did have a miscomunication on one of the pieces regarding color and they replaced it within 3 days with no questions asked and no extra cost. I dealt with Karl and he kept me very informed and updated. I am not a professional blogger or anything, I was just very impressed with the service they gave me.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mtrbtr* View Post
I read this thread before I had my cushions redone on my 89 prostar 190 and was a bit concerned but decided to go ahead and try them anyway. I must say I was very impressed. They did a great job of matching colors. We did have a miscomunication on one of the pieces regarding color and they replaced it within 3 days with no questions asked and no extra cost. I dealt with Karl and he kept me very informed and updated. I am not a professional blogger or anything, I was just very impressed with the service they gave me.

Really, someone with just one post that says they are not a professional blogger must be a blogger that does it as a profession.

Your post has "I work for them" written all over it.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1981 stars/stripes 351W
I contacted them about doing the skins out of my 81 SNS, they were very eager to do it, I emailed them pictures for them to quote it, didnt hear from them for a couple of days so I called to see if they got them, they said they did and were working on my quote, that was 4 months ago, still havent heard from them.....I figured it wasnt meant to be
Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Short-cuts rarely work out for one reason or another. In most instances, one gets what they pay for, or less.

A new set of skins from a picture is not my idea of any quality by my standards.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
To be fair...they were likely going to provide a quote for new skins from a picture, not actually make them from a picture.

I dealt with them, and received high quality skins, manufactured using my skins as patterns ...others have had problems.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
contacted them about doing the skins out of my 81 SNS, they were very eager to do it, I emailed them pictures for them to quote it, didnt hear from them for a couple of days so I called to see if they got them, they said they did and were working on my quote, that was 4 months ago, still havent heard from them.....I figured it wasnt meant to be
Same kind of deal with me. I sent them pics and a request to price a rear bench and doghouse cover. They asked for dimensions on both and never heard back from them. I emailed them back a week later asking if they had a quote ready. Spit one back in 2 min that was 2x anybody elses. Im having my local shop do mine.