Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
How long did you have the skins off before you sent them to CC?? If it was a long time that may be a lessons learned for everyone...

How did the one turn out that you had to cut down? Does it still fit in the location perfect since you shrunk the OA size??

Post them pics!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1988 TriStar
Call your credit card company. They will yank the funds from Copy Cat soo quick, they wont know what hit em. ESPECIALLY if you payed with AMEX.

Always pay with Credit(not debit), you get the added protection of Amex, Visa, MC, Disc, etc...
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000 PS195, 350 Predator TBI
bump for posting of pics jdubwall!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft prostar 200, Mercury 200
Pics

Sorry it took so long fellas..... I haven't had a chance to get up to my parents to take pics.... Here they are though....... The bench seat turned out alright after modifying the bottom board, but after heating up the helm seat with a heat gun and continuously stretching this was the best i could do...... Couldn't stretch anymore because it was putting to much stress on the seams.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Wow, that does look terrible.

Thanks for the info and the post!!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Wow. I have seen nicer work done by upholsterers in Mexico!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Wow. I have seen nicer work done by upholsterers in Mexico!

Don't come here to plug relatives upholstery shops....................

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
ILOVEMYBOAT2010

Great Success with Copycat Covers

I first saw this blog when I did my initial research on Copycat Covers. Even though there are bad reviews they are still plenty of good ones. I figured that every company you research, you will run across the same issues. In addition to that, from personal experience owning a business, I know that competitors will also hirer some 18 year old and pay them 7 bucks a hour to just sit there and blog bad reviews; so I flipped a coin and gave them a shot.

I'm glad I did! My skins came back perfect. I did all the little things the video showed me. I sat the skins out in the yard for a few hours before I started as well as covered the existing foam on my seats with Painters Plastic so I could slide on the new ones easier. I even called in and had the manager walk me through putting on my captains chair skin lol. To conclude, I decided that even though you get what you pay for, that sometimes the cheapest quote is the best quote. I'm highly impressed with the system they use to making it so cost efficient that it almost seems like a scam lol. I was recommended to them and already have recommend a few of my buds to them. I'll make sure they post on here their experiences.

I will post pics on here soon when I get a chance to take and upload them.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYBOAT2010 View Post
I first saw this blog when I did my initial research on Copycat Covers. Even though there are bad reviews they are still plenty of good ones. I figured that every company you research, you will run across the same issues. In addition to that, from personal experience owning a business, I know that competitors will also hirer some 18 year old and pay them 7 bucks a hour to just sit there and blog bad reviews; so I flipped a coin and gave them a shot.

I'm glad I did! My skins came back perfect. I did all the little things the video showed me. I sat the skins out in the yard for a few hours before I started as well as covered the existing foam on my seats with Painters Plastic so I could slide on the new ones easier. I even called in and had the manager walk me through putting on my captains chair skin lol. To conclude, I decided that even though you get what you pay for, that sometimes the cheapest quote is the best quote. I'm highly impressed with the system they use to making it so cost efficient that it almost seems like a scam lol. I was recommended to them and already have recommend a few of my buds to them. I'll make sure they post on here their experiences.
I will post pics on here soon when I get a chance to take and upload them.
Hope yours look better that jdubwall's did cause his look terrible and copy cat covers should redo them
Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Hope yours look better that jdubwall's did cause his look terrible and copy cat covers should redo them
No kidding. I would be livid if a company butchered my skins like that. No offense to you intended, jdubwall. But your assessment looks good. There are some positive posts on these guys on Planetnautique. I made sure to mention your situation. That company should be bending over backwards (or perhaps the other way) for you based on what I see in those pictures.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.