Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
How long did you have the skins off before you sent them to CC?? If it was a long time that may be a lessons learned for everyone...

How did the one turn out that you had to cut down? Does it still fit in the location perfect since you shrunk the OA size??


Post them pics!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM
ramzak ramzak is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 1988 TriStar
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 59
Call your credit card company. They will yank the funds from Copy Cat soo quick, they wont know what hit em. ESPECIALLY if you payed with AMEX.

Always pay with Credit(not debit), you get the added protection of Amex, Visa, MC, Disc, etc...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 PM
johny123 johny123 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: 2000 PS195, 350 Predator TBI
Location: canada
Posts: 98
bump for posting of pics jdubwall!!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 PM
jdubwall jdubwall is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Boat: 1985 Mastercraft prostar 200, Mercury 200
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 69
Pics

Sorry it took so long fellas..... I haven't had a chance to get up to my parents to take pics.... Here they are though....... The bench seat turned out alright after modifying the bottom board, but after heating up the helm seat with a heat gun and continuously stretching this was the best i could do...... Couldn't stretch anymore because it was putting to much stress on the seams.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,277
Wow, that does look terrible.

Thanks for the info and the post!!
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 10,997
Wow. I have seen nicer work done by upholsterers in Mexico!
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 AM
TX.X-30 fan's Avatar
TX.X-30 fan TX.X-30 fan is offline
MC Platinum
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Boat: mastercraft, X-30, 2004, MCX.
Location: Lake Travis
Posts: 8,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
Wow. I have seen nicer work done by upholsterers in Mexico!



Don't come here to plug relatives upholstery shops....................
__________________
___________________________________________


________________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-30-2010, 01:56 PM
ILOVEMYBOAT2010
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Great Success with Copycat Covers

I first saw this blog when I did my initial research on Copycat Covers. Even though there are bad reviews they are still plenty of good ones. I figured that every company you research, you will run across the same issues. In addition to that, from personal experience owning a business, I know that competitors will also hirer some 18 year old and pay them 7 bucks a hour to just sit there and blog bad reviews; so I flipped a coin and gave them a shot.

I'm glad I did! My skins came back perfect. I did all the little things the video showed me. I sat the skins out in the yard for a few hours before I started as well as covered the existing foam on my seats with Painters Plastic so I could slide on the new ones easier. I even called in and had the manager walk me through putting on my captains chair skin lol. To conclude, I decided that even though you get what you pay for, that sometimes the cheapest quote is the best quote. I'm highly impressed with the system they use to making it so cost efficient that it almost seems like a scam lol. I was recommended to them and already have recommend a few of my buds to them. I'll make sure they post on here their experiences.

I will post pics on here soon when I get a chance to take and upload them.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Bert's Avatar
Bert Bert is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: Prostar 190
Location: Sicamous
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEMYBOAT2010 View Post
I first saw this blog when I did my initial research on Copycat Covers. Even though there are bad reviews they are still plenty of good ones. I figured that every company you research, you will run across the same issues. In addition to that, from personal experience owning a business, I know that competitors will also hirer some 18 year old and pay them 7 bucks a hour to just sit there and blog bad reviews; so I flipped a coin and gave them a shot.

I'm glad I did! My skins came back perfect. I did all the little things the video showed me. I sat the skins out in the yard for a few hours before I started as well as covered the existing foam on my seats with Painters Plastic so I could slide on the new ones easier. I even called in and had the manager walk me through putting on my captains chair skin lol. To conclude, I decided that even though you get what you pay for, that sometimes the cheapest quote is the best quote. I'm highly impressed with the system they use to making it so cost efficient that it almost seems like a scam lol. I was recommended to them and already have recommend a few of my buds to them. I'll make sure they post on here their experiences.
I will post pics on here soon when I get a chance to take and upload them.
Hope yours look better that jdubwall's did cause his look terrible and copy cat covers should redo them
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 PM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 25,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
Hope yours look better that jdubwall's did cause his look terrible and copy cat covers should redo them
No kidding. I would be livid if a company butchered my skins like that. No offense to you intended, jdubwall. But your assessment looks good. There are some positive posts on these guys on Planetnautique. I made sure to mention your situation. That company should be bending over backwards (or perhaps the other way) for you based on what I see in those pictures.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ


Tyler Ski Club


To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:44 AM.