Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
I'd wait until you have the old one to compare before heating them up and trying to stretch them out. Once you get the old ones, swing by an upholstery shop and ask for their suggestion.

1994 205, LT1
Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Did you send Copy Kat that pic??? Man that settles it, I ain't using them. Customer Service says it ALL, nome sain
Old 06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-star
Im sorry to hear about your experience, I agree with you that they do take longer than they say when you send them in. Its a big issue. i would recommend to anyone using them that you do this project in the offseason. I lost a few boating days because i was waiting for them to get done, and as you all know that is frustrating beyond belief!!,

I have to say though, that i had them do my entire boat, over 20 pieces, and some of them were tough to get back on, but they ALL fit correctly. I have a thread on here documenting the results. I would recommend Copycat to anyone wanting new vinyl.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Moomba Mobius LSV 2006
Still waiting for those pics ...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
My skins arrived today...will let you know what they look like later tonight.

Won't have a chance to see how they fit until later in the week. Turn around was two weeks...as promised.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1

I noticed my seat base on my rear seat is pulling apart a little last weekend I'm interested to see how this turns out because I want to have them make me a new skin for my rear seat. As anyone that has a 30th knows, the piping on the seats is two colored (red and blue) and I want that same look again, even if it means they reuse the piping from my old skins.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
Skins arrived, and they look great. Look to be well built and to be high quality. Going to tackle installation this weekend, so i will have a better idea about fit.

Sorry, I can't get any pics up, I am having some major computer trouble at home...
Old 06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-star
They Sent trim Piping with my seats, and it matched the new vinyl exactly. They will send you a Sample board of the colors they have. It probably won't be a perfect match to factory, but
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft prostar 200, Mercury 200
Fellas, Well after a couple hours i finally got the covers on last friday...... The bench seat turned out GREAT........ Only thing is that it took me more time to cut the base board down to make it work..... You can see from the pic above it was WAY to small to work on the original board.... On the other hand the helm seat I heated up with a heat gun and continued to pull, staple, and heat..... It took me a while to get it to finally wrap around the whole seat..... Note: (I did have to cut some of the foam off the seat to get it to work..... Part of the seam on the vinyl started to rip..... Over all i am satisfied with the results... I wish the helm would have fit better..... Not happy with how it fit...... I will get pics the next time i get my boat out seeing as how its stored at my parents house. Still not satisfied with CopyCat Covers, quality of skins is great, but there services SUCK........ If i were to do it over again i would have rather gave my business to someone locally.....
Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Mastercraft prostar 200, Mercury 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
Did you send Copy Kat that pic??? Man that settles it, I ain't using them. Customer Service says it ALL, nome sain
Yes I sent them the pic, they told me to send them the covers back and they would take care of it, but they never came through....... They said all the measurements were exact.... Problem was the old skins shrunk.....