Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 06-05-2005, 09:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X25 SS, 2009 CSX SS
Send a message via AIM to Waterski-Marcoisland
Talking Carpet In Barefoot 200

I have been slowly removing all the carpet out of my boat. Trust me, not so fun.......I am replacing it with hydro turf. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Any ideas write back...........Dustin

www.waterskimarcoisland.com
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Barefoot 200 MasterCraft 1993 ProV200 Outboard
http://www.gatortraxboats.com/p-160-hydroturf.aspx
http://www.hydro-turf.net/about.htm
Old 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200
I realize this is an old thread, but I am considering doing the same. How did it turn out? Pictures?
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I was also thinking about doing this in a prostar 190. Would love to see some other people's projects.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: other
I haven't done my floor but I have quite a bit of experience with hydroturf between jetski's and on my boat. I've used this stuff on my swim platform, engine cover, and a couple spots on the bow. The engine cover and spots on the bow are fine but the swim platform has gotten chewed up over the past 2 years from fins, board edges, dog claws, etc.

As for upkeep... Mine requires a scrub brush and water every month or so to prevent people's white bathing suits from getting dirty but that has more to do with the boat being out in the sun so much. I don't cover my boat until it's dry and with me using it 3-4 days a week, it never dries or if it does, I'm going to use it the next day so I rarely ever cover it anymore. If the boat is covered or in a garage, the upkeep is much lower. I never experienced the dirt or mildew buildup on a jetski but maybe that's because it gets flushed on the jetski regularly and it's always wet when you get on it but the engine cover would be dry most of the time.

Lastly, black and gray don't really fade but all the other colors will unless you use a UV protectant on it. Most UV protectants do make the surface a little more slick but it won't really be an issue unless you're doing cartwheels on the boat.

If you decide to use it, hydroturf is the most popular but Blacktip is pretty nice as well and comes in different colors and designs like wishbone and diamond plate.

Last edited by jfw432; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.