Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
dtstx

Cool Water in the ski hold

I just bought a used 1997 Maristar 225V and it seems to tkaing in water in the ski storage. I have checked the bottom of the hull for cracks, but can't see anything that looks like it might be the source.
Luckily the bulge pump works extremely well....any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 06-26-2005, 10:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 X-45
plug? cracked speedo lines? torn engine hose? blown prop shaft seal? i guess thats about all i can come up with. Good luck diagnosing. Try running a fake a lake and see if water builds up, this will cross the plug, speedo lines, and blown prop seal off the list, also any hull damage. You could also have a bad impeller or water pump seal as well.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:16 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
As Nates said above, run it on the trailer and see if any water accumulates from an engine source..

If not fill the inside of the boat with water and see if you can find the source while on the trailer.. Remember to use some common sense while doing this..
Old 06-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Leroy

Congrats on the new boat. Have to ask did you see this on the test run?
Boats do leak some, but the only time I have seen my maristar's sump run is when the center plug was out. How deep is the water in the hull? All boats leak some, and if the sump were mounted in the bottom it would run a lot for no reason. Also normally there is a plug to prevent the hull water from getting in the ski locker is that in there?
Old 06-27-2005, 08:19 AM
dtstx

Sump pump

Yes there is a plug in the ski locker, and it is out. I did see water in the sump pump hole, but none in the engine compartment. I will try the suggestions to see if I can isolate the sources.....thanks.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:22 AM
TT Regular

I have a 205 Pro Sport with the same problem. My water is leaking into the ski locker from under the gasket that holds the plug. I have not figured out how to get it dry and how to remove the bilge oil so I can silicon around the gasket.
Hope that helps
George
Old 07-09-2005, 07:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by george111
I have a 205 Pro Sport with the same problem. My water is leaking into the ski locker from under the gasket that holds the plug. I have not figured out how to get it dry and how to remove the bilge oil so I can silicon around the gasket.
Hope that helps
George
I'm about to just cut the stupid grommet out with a knife & epoxy the whole darn thing shut.
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
TT Regular

Funny, I considered doing that also. With the leakage comes the oil so the skies get greasy. I think it is a very poor design.