Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwild View Post
Maristar-Man...where did you end up purchasing this unit from? I need a replacement and can't find anyone open to tell me what part number it is or where I could order it from. Thanks.
Hey Hog, Just gettin back into town. We were at Lake Tulloch, but in answer to your questions...

You will have to remove the old sender and measure how far your sending unit tube sticks into your tank, and possibly cut the new one to be an exact match. Then count the number of wires on the old unit and match the new. Go here and call these guys up and let them know what you have. http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1088 Phone / (803) 345-0996

It's pretty simple with those two facts in hand. Oh lastly, make sure you don't use any electrical devices or battery operated screw-guns near tank. Just the hand held screwdriver, or you might not need a sending unit after all...

Last edited by MariStar-Man; 06-25-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: n/a
I'm still having trouble identifying the part that I need. My sending unit looks like it only has 2 wires and there is no float involved. It only has a silver tube approx 9.75 in. long. Do you guys with similar models know which route I should take to get a good replacement?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Here's a picture of the unit
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

I also found this thread which looks like a picture of the unit I have, but no final reply was ever posted to know if Jeff used the Centroid product as his solution.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=38102
Old 12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Sounds like your 99 is just like our 98 Maristar one. Ours looks similar on top, is a two-wire unit, and has an aluminum tube like yours. The float is inside. If you tip is back and forth, you can hear and feel the float rise and fall. Our problem ended up being a magnet that had come loose from the float. Very common. I took the unit apart, found the magnet, glued it back on the float with epoxy, and it has been working fine ever since. I believe there were numbers on mine, where I could call somewhere like skidim and have them help me with a replacement part.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Just read the rest of the post. Our aluminum tube was about 1" in diameter with a black plastic plate screwed on the bottom with two small screws. The sender pictured earlier in this post does not look like mine. Perhaps they are different. Ours was an isspro model also, but the length sounds about right.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC 1999 Maristar 230 sport
Quote:
I'm still having trouble identifying the part that I need. My sending unit looks like it only has 2 wires and there is no float involved. It only has a silver tube approx 9.75 in. long. Do you guys with similar models know which route I should take to get a good replacement?
Look for my "Fuel Sender 101" thread it will show you what the 99year Maristar models have.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=48823

There are no floats on these units.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtajpa View Post
Look for my "Fuel Sender 101" thread it will show you what the 99year Maristar models have.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=48823

There are no floats on these units.
Do you have the picture of the older model saved on your computer? I'd like to see what the model number is. Great lakes skipper has some centroid sender units that may match that OEM model exactly, but I can't tell what the numbers read. Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Do you have the picture of the older model saved on your computer? I'd like to see what the model number is. Great lakes skipper has some centroid sender units that may match that OEM model exactly, but I can't tell what the numbers read. Thanks
I post a better pic later its on a different pc. I wasn't able to fine an exact replacement when I was looking. That is why I went with SKIDIM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
MC Fanatic

He is the best picture I have it has the numbers you should need. Did you attempt to adjust yours? The adjustment screws are covered with silicone.
Attached Images