Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 07-17-2016, 04:07 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 masterctaft x1
FLASHING ECU 2006 x-1

Looks like by reading on the internet I have got a pretty common mastercraft problem. Last week I was out cruising on the water about about 15mph or so and I notice that the gauges are all not working. I have pulled the plug for the mmdc box and tested and seem to have power and the boat didn't show any signs of running rough. When I turn the key to ignition it will make the noise at the fuel pump and you can hear the gauge chatter. I have also check I believe 3 different fuses that are under the helm. I was wanting to make sure that I check what I can as I am not really close to my Mastercraft dealer. I have also check and put a charger on my batteries. They read at about 12.5. I know that I have read that people say to check different ground wires but which ground is it that people are seeing to be the problem if it is coming from the ground wire. Also I have done the gauge cycle when you how the selector toggle down and all move fine during the reset. Any ideas and spots to check would be appreciated.