Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none
Fuel Sender Woes, anything better than Centroid?

Had to replace my sender as it stayed on Full, Ordered a new one form MC. Got it instaleld and now it stays on empty and I cant get the damn thing programmed. all the wiring is correct, the gauge reads full when I short the sender by touching the bottom. The gauge goes to full when I try to program it both on the empty (2 second count) and full (5 second count) but the programming never takes. Ive contacted tech support (via email) apperently they are all mutes or have no idea how to use a modern telephone as there is no way they will help other than fax or email. Im pretty much over not being able to speak to a live person that supports thier product but thats a whole other rant.

Ive pretty much given up on this sender (and company) ever working correctly in my boat. What are my other choices?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by timvan View Post
What are my other choices?
They have live people that run this place and they will answer any and all questions by phone http://www.isspro.com/categories.php
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: without
Have you tried reversing the wires? I read many times on this board that the replacement is wired backwards.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwilli2025 View Post
Have you tried reversing the wires? I read many times on this board that the replacement is wired backwards.
That would be a easy resolution, but the problem is that the gauge reads full when the sender is shorted out by putting my finger on the end...which means the wires are correct
Old 05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
That would be a easy resolution, but the problem is that the gauge reads full when the sender is shorted out by putting my finger on the end...which means the wires are correct
It sounds like a bad sender.....call isspro...you shouldn't have to switch wires around....It's just a plug and go deal.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Isspro has a plug n play for the Mastercraft? Do I need to know the length or anything else to tell them?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Isspro has a plug n play for the Mastercraft? Do I need to know the length or anything else to tell them?
When mine went out I just called them and told them year, make & model....no measurements required. Recieved it.....unplugged the old one, plugged in the new and turn it upside down to check the guage reading, the directions say do this to check the float before installing it in the tank. Good ta go!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
When mine went out I just called them and told them year, make & model....no measurements required. Recieved it.....unplugged the old one, plugged in the new and turn it upside down to check the guage reading, the directions say do this to check the float before installing it in the tank. Good ta go!
How much $$$ ???
Old 05-25-2010, 01:26 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000XPSD View Post
How much $$$ ???
Bout this much http://www.isspro.com/proddetail.php?prod=RA9506-ISS