Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 X30 MCX
Newbie binding question

I'm trying to teach myself to slalom using an O'Brien performer ski with a 775 front binding and rear toe strap. I've got the starts down and was working on my turns when I cut accross the wake and my rear foot slipped out. I did a split stretched my hamstring and hyperextended my knee. So I'm limping around and thinking about putting another 775 front binding on the rear instead of the toe strap. Will this work? Will it help prevent injuries? My wife will freak if I spend big bucks on another toy for the boat, so I'm looking for cheap solutions until I'm a better skier.

Thanks
Dave 04 X30
Old 06-23-2005, 08:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
My wife will freak if I spend big bucks on another toy for the boat, so I'm looking for cheap solutions until I'm a better skier.

Thanks
Dave 04 X30
Dr. Laura would ask "Who's the Gladiator in your house"?????
Old 06-24-2005, 07:01 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
don't put a front binding on the rear. Rather, get a rear boot for the rear. Also - keep an eye on ebay. I suspect you can find a pair out there somewhere.

I have an older set (front & rear on plates) of Kidder boots - size M (I think - I need to double check that size) I'll sell if you're interested. Say - $25.00 + shipping?
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:41 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I'll second that. Also, and this may hurt, but I wouldn't put a highwrap boot on the back with the 775 on the front. What you want to avoid is falling with one foot in and one foot out. The 775 wouldn't have as much grab as the rear boot and you might injury the other hamstring. If Jimmer's boots aren't the right size, you could try www.ski-it-again.com or ebay for some used boots.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:36 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer2880
don't put a front binding on the rear. Rather, get a rear boot for the rear. Also - keep an eye on ebay. I suspect you can find a pair out there somewhere.

I have an older set (front & rear on plates) of Kidder boots - size M (I think - I need to double check that size) I'll sell if you're interested. Say - $25.00 + shipping?
When I went to check what I have mounted where, I came up with this.

Both boots are factory Goode's & are in new condition except for a little paint missing from around the screw holes.

Front is an XL, Rear is a L. Don't ask me why - I bought the ski used a couple years ago. $25.00 for both still sounds good to me though (they've been collecting dust for 4 years).
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:14 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2004 X30 MCX
Thanks jimmer. After your first post I went looking on Ebay for deals and I have a couple of bids pending .

Dave r