Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 06-23-2005, 12:28 PM
APF

Would a diffrent prop help a MC 209

My friend has a 01 MC 209, he is running the OJ 13 x 13, would a different prop help the wake some? Looking to make it more skiable, if possible?? As of now, the wake at 34, the table is real hard and has a pretty good crest. A real knee pounder!! If anyone has any suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:17 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
trade it for a 197. sorry not the answer your probably looking for. i dont think a prop will make a huge difference, maybe a tad softer.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by APF
My friend has a 01 MC 209, he is running the OJ 13 x 13, would a different prop help the wake some? Looking to make it more skiable, if possible?? As of now, the wake at 34, the table is real hard and has a pretty good crest. A real knee pounder!! If anyone has any suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.
Stay on edge and let her rip!!

Mine is not too bad unless you get real deep in the rope. I would think a prop could help with the real short line runs and could help clean up the table but I think the hardness will stay. Never hurts to have an extra prop anyway!

Good luck and keep us posted on any noticeable difference if you do get another prop.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:51 PM
APF

When we run 15 off the table is hard, and we are staying on edge. just looking for an alternative to make the impact easier on the skier. at 41 off there is no wake to worry about. of course the shorter you go from 15 off the closer you are to the wash. Just looking for other ideas
Old 06-23-2005, 03:30 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
APF, welcome. I answered your post on the Nicholl's board. Since you have an '01, you could improve your wake some by having your dealer add the "hook" to the rear of your hull.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM
APF

How do they actually add the Hook??? Is it a real big process??
Old 06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I believe it's just building up the fiber glass at that area so that it lifts the rear end of the boat out of the water a little more. MyMC has posted about this process if I recall. He would be able to tell you more about it than I.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
On my 2002, the previous owner had the dealer ad the "hook". To East Tx's point, it looks more like a small build up of added glass to the tail. When I spoke to the dealer, he said it also helps eliminate the porpuse (sp?) effect that some of the early 209 supposedly had? Good luck