Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
TT Newbie

91 Prostar 190 - extended pylon, fat seat...

I'm thinking about investing in another 'toy' to make wakeboarding more fun for me and a couple friends. What should be the first investment? Extended pylon or fat seat? Which will make a bigger difference boarding? Dont want an aftermarket pylon - the look doesn't appeal to me...thx
Old 06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
If you foot also, go with the extended pylon. You can always add people for balast!

I would get the pylon first
Old 06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Cheecher

Yeah the Pylon first, because you get a nice wake, and the rope is still tied low......may work against each other. So I would say for sure get the pylon first, then work on the wake.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Pylon for sure. Then you can put 2 buddies in the back for weight & they won't get their heads cut off by the rope anymore.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190
I agree with the extended pylon. Extra weight is easy to come by. Even if there are three of you on the outing you can come up with some weight.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 88' MC Prostar
I agree, Pylon first. The pull point being higher makes it easier to get up, also great for Footin' or Kneeboarding.

I just put a tower on my boat and have an extended pylon that I am looking to sell. Let me know if interested. I'll take some pics if you want.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_M
Extended pylon or fat seat? Which will make a bigger difference boarding? Dont want an aftermarket pylon - the look doesn't appeal to me...thx
Whats the difference for you in an extended pylon & an aftermarket pylon? All extended pylons are sold by aftermarket companies.
Anyway, I'd say get the extended pylon first too...... or a tower if you can afford it. Pylons will be $300 or $400 & towers start at like $1000 & are WELL worth it!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:44 AM
H2OGirl

I'm going to say the same thing as everyone else, pylon/tower first. The bigger wake isn't going to do you any good if you are pulling off the back of the boat. If you need some fat sacks let me know, we have two 275lb side sacks for sale. Have you considered a tower? Worth the investment, then you can get the boards out of the boat too with racks, makes a lot more room especially if you are going to weight with fat sacks.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:53 PM
TT Newbie

Wow - looks like the pylon is by far the way to go first...i guess i didnt realize that the rope would be high enough to use the back seat. Anyone got an aftermarket tower that doesnt look stupid? I'll take the pics at mcpullsme@sbcglobal.net. Also please add what you're looking to get for it...thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 11:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
Pylon first, careful with the tower, boats back then were no ment for towers, if you put one on you could cause damage...