Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2004, 11:32 PM
Hodge Podge

cover and kill switch

My new 2004 205V is all and more but I have two problems.

1. Cover- the rear right side holds water when it rains. The water proofing is so good that the water pools. Any suggestions?

2. The kill switch- it seems the kill pull cord does not push the kill switch in far enough. Any suggestions?

Anbody else had these problems?
Old 08-20-2004, 12:08 AM
MC Master Poster

They've had a lot of problems with the safety switches lately. Call your dealer and see if they'll do it under warranty.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:37 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Boatless
I have an x-2 and had kill switch issues. Dealer will swap it out. I have no problems with the cover though. Do you have snapon cover or regular ratchet cover?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:31 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I have found my cover to pool at times if my boat isnt sitting level.

If the right side is sitting higher, the cover will not have its normal slope for the water to run off and it will pool, which can and will strech the cover.
Once the cover has streched and have the boat sitting level, you can still have the problem.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '85 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge Podge
My new 2004 205V is all and more but I have two problems.

1. Cover- the rear right side holds water when it rains. The water proofing is so good that the water pools. Any suggestions?

2. The kill switch- it seems the kill pull cord does not push the kill switch in far enough. Any suggestions?

Anbody else had these problems?
my boat doesn't even have a kill switch....when did they start putting them on?
Click here if you need prayer, or wish to pray for those who do.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:03 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
My 87' has one. I had some problems with it at first, but I went with a SEADOO jetski switch. No problems now??
Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Leroy

I think almost everyone that has to use a cover has some trouble with water standing. There are some posts on the other site of people building PVC structures for the cover to rest on that worked well. I think some extra support underneath is the answer. Tent poles work well also and don't take much space. I keep a 10' piece of hose to siphon off if that happens to me.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:33 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Assuming the cover-support technology has not drastically changed in the newer boats, you need to engage the cover support poles, or build some sort of tenting system so that the water runs off. BriEOD has some pictures of a good one on the old board. There's also a how-to on the malibu boat owners site with pictures. I used to be a big believer in the strap-tent thing you can buy in many of the catalogs, but in a direct drive boat, you can't get the center pole in the right place so that the water runs off in the back. It might work better on a v-drive. I'd say either use the cover support poles or build a pvc support system.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Hodge Podge

Thumbs up cover and kill switch

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to raise the front of my boats lift and see if that works. If that does not work I will try to build the PVC supports.

As for the kill switch I will try the seedoo switch before the boat goes to the garage and I will see the dealer about the warranty.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 19 FT, 1986 S&S, 351 Ford
H2O, I have an 86 and it does not have a kill switch... so they must have started in 87.