Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MC X Star, PP
Led Tower Lights/auto lights

So in the auto parts store, picking up oil, and some more led strips to finish my interior led transformation. My go to buddy that works there... showed me some LED Fog lights 55 watt up to I think 100 watt ones... In white or Blue...

The 55 watt ones are small maybe 1" tall and 5" wide with 5 bulbs... Housed in gray semi flex plastic...

Just wondering anyone mounted these on your tower?? Thinking just stick them on top... with two sided tape, or possible mount and wire right into the Tower top light...

Anyone??
Old 03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
There is a small hole at the top of the tower that is plugged....you can fish the wire in this down to either front leg of the tower and then there is another hole at the hinge of the front legs that goes through the foot of the tower. The wire can be fished all the way down into the boat.

Curious...show me pics of your lights if/when you get them set up.

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 03-14-2010, 12:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Ya since I have tower speakers I could do some fishing, but its not the funniest... I was just checking mainly on the lights... Since led they dont draw that much, so was just going to tap... the Tower light wiring... but they may not be best for long term use....

I am working on something similiar to the MC new Tower Rear light setup... the oval with 3 lights... That look like the ones at Wal Mart or any other Auto Parts store for like 40 bucks..

So anyone else wiring up auto lights on their tower??
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Dont want to start another thread... So I am bumping this... I was just going to mount these by two sided tape or possible use a couple holes already in tower.. pending how they look.
Here They are...
ofhttp://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_LED-Fog-lights---Neo-Blue-StreetGlow_6460045-P_N3151F_A%7CGRP2044____

I have thought about Tower Lights but everyone says its a waiste of Cash spend that money on some Wet Sounds Speakers.

I am just wanting some Glow or a little light out in front beyond the factory light. I thought this blue would blend well with my Blue LED interior... Plus its low draw... Been looking at tapping into the factory tower light for wiring.. then putting a fuse/relay in line just in case its to much running for a long period of time.

Anyone doing this?

I have even thought of drilling out My fronts of the speakers, and dropping a 55 Watt round in the front of them...

Then last... Thought about just throwing up some 200 Watt 7" OffRoad lights that I have laying at the shop... Was going to make just a Flatt Bracket... out of Alum... the one hole fits in between the bolt tower clamp, then the other hole, would hold the OffRoad light... Maybe its overkill but when you have them why not??

So is anyone thinking Car LED or these offroad lights??
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Maybe I am just to cutting edge...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200 SS, 2006, 5.7L Crusader
The Mastercraft lights just use automotive bulbs. I like the idea of the led fog lights just not sure you'd get much actual light out of them. I've got a couple of holes to plug on my tower where the factory speaker cans used to mount. I was thinking about trying using some lights to cover the holes. Let me know what you come up with and take pictures!