Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
83MCS&SAZ

Trailer question for 83 S&S

I just purchased my first Mastercraft, an 83 Stars & Stripes. It needs a little restoration, but most of it is cosmetic. I noticed the trailer does not have a bracket that extends around the prop and rudder to protect it during transport. Is this the way they came back in 83? I noticed some pictures on another thread from americanskierJim that his resto project S&S didnt have the protective bracket either. It almost looks as though some previous owner had it removed. Am I correct on assuming this? Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:04 AM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83MCS&SAZ View Post
I just purchased my first Mastercraft, an 83 Stars & Stripes. It needs a little restoration, but most of it is cosmetic. I noticed the trailer does not have a bracket that extends around the prop and rudder to protect it during transport. Is this the way they came back in 83? I noticed some pictures on another thread from americanskierJim that his resto project S&S didnt have the protective bracket either. It almost looks as though some previous owner had it removed. Am I correct on assuming this? Thanks!
At one time, they became optional and some owners added them in the latter years if they could get one or would make one.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes powerslot
I added one to my 84 never had one. TB