Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: N/A
Gross Vehicle Weight of your trailer

Hi all,

I'm getting documents pulled together to import my new to me 1996 PS 205 from TN back to Ontario.

Tennessee does not have titles for trailers and only registration cards for boats. The VIN plaque on the trailer (single axel MasterCraft trailer in pic below) is faded and the VIN and info cannot be read.

Apparently in order to license the trailer in Ontario I will need to know the "Gross Vehicle Weight of the trailer". This is one of the items that is normally listed on the sticker.

Anyone have a similar trailer, similar age who can tell the GVW or better yet a picture of the sticker showing all the details (except your VIN of course).

Thanks
Nidus72
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2010, 12:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
I believe it's 860lb's.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 MasterCraft X30
I was thinking it was around 840-850lbs...... same as yellow78mc.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 Limited 351 Power slot
Send a message via Yahoo to 1990lmtd
I beleive gvw is the combined weight of the trailer and it's maximum load, ie. the boat also. My boat trailer is not at home right now but my cargo trailer is and that is how it is listed.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1996 Mastercraft Maristar VRS 225
Hi Guys,

I had the same problem a few years ago. I took the serial number off the trailer that was etched into the steel and sent the info to Mastercraft. They in turn sent me a new sticker to place on the trailer with all the information needed to get it titled. They were very easy to work with. Hope this helps!
Ron
Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar vrs 225, 1995,5.7, X2 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidus72 View Post
Hi all,

I'm getting documents pulled together to import my new to me 1996 PS 205 from TN back to Ontario.

Tennessee does not have titles for trailers and only registration cards for boats. The VIN plaque on the trailer (single axel MasterCraft trailer in pic below) is faded and the VIN and info cannot be read.

Apparently in order to license the trailer in Ontario I will need to know the "Gross Vehicle Weight of the trailer". This is one of the items that is normally listed on the sticker.

Anyone have a similar trailer, similar age who can tell the GVW or better yet a picture of the sticker showing all the details (except your VIN of course).

Thanks
Nidus72

Hello!

In order to get my registration in Province of Quebec (last year) The registration office sent me to a public scale with the trailer..They did not care about the VIN PLAQUE. Only the canadian tire guy will check this plaque for riv.

Also, make sure that the trailer serial number is exactly the same as the serial number that get written on the bill of sale. We misstyped a digit on the bill of sale and it created me problems at canadian tire inspection.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=30428
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
TT Regular

Thanks for the info,

Where on the trailer is the VIN number (other than the plaque?). I assume it's also stamped somewhere? The sticker is not legible and as I mentioned the boat is in TN and they don't title trailers so the guy does not have a piece of paper with the VIN number?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
If the previous owner has/had insurance on the boat and trailer, the insurance company should have requested the boat HIN and the trailer VIN and the engine serial number when it was insured. The po and the insurance company should have it in their paperwork and possibly with any previous loan paperwork..

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 04-19-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
TT Regular

HI,

No this is a boat I'm buying. I'm trying to determine the location of the VIN on the trailer so I can make sure it's on the notarized bill of sale so I can get insurance and register it back up here in Ontario.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
TT Regular

I found a post elsewhere that said the VIN is also stamped on the cross member tube right behind the passenger side wheel.

Any idea if this is true?