Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X-45 2011 Ilmor 6.0
Surf tab quiestion

how should i set the surf tab and the ballast for the best wake for wakesurfing? (i surf port side)

suggestions/recommendations will be wellcomed!

thanks!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Well in theory it seems that you should lower the tab on the opposite side that you want to surf on. I could be wrong, I don't have one. But if you lower the tab on the opposite side it would push the other side of the boat deeper in the water thus creating a better surf wake.

I know there are few guys with new boats that have the surf tabs, hopefully they will be along to assist you.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2010 X2
When I was at the factory last fall, the factory people said it actually depends on the boat. They said the smaller boats (ie X2) should be just like 92Maristar says: put the opposite side down to provide a bit of lift to that side to dig the side you are surfing in further. However, apparently the bigger boats it is opposite.

I just got my X2 with attitude adjustment plate, surf tabs, and plug and play ballast delivered yesterday, so I'm gonna start playing with them to optimize things. If you--or anyone-- figure stuff out, please share.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X-45 2011 Ilmor 6.0
i played with the surf tab on a friends x55, i found out that the wake is the best when the attitude adjustment plate and the surf tabs are up, i figured out that i must have been doing something wrong... still waiting for some expert advice!

Tags
wakesurf