Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
Quick Electrical questions

Hi All,

I found this VERY HELPFUL 2007 electrical schematic in another post... can someone tell me which of the links in the PDF applies to an X2? I only see one reference to an X2... maybe I am missing something???

http://207.170.215.108/awweblive/aww...ain%20Page.pdf

Also... does anyone know the part number for the illuminated carling switches on the dash? Is this the one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks - Edwin

Last edited by ediggity; 03-24-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft
what part of the schematic for a X2 do you need?

and where ever you found this info, was there any info for 2006?!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 AM
TT Newbie

Having some electrical issues and am trying to sort them out... really would like to get a good general idea of how things are wired... wiring in these boats is a mess. So I guess the answer is ..... I am looking for all schematics... or anything I can get my hands on.

I found it posted here... I've been reading hundreds of posts and I came across this post that had the schematics file. The guy who posted it said he had the 2005 & 2007, but no the 2006... SORRY!
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ght=electrical

I found the switch info I needed... is the X2 referred to by another name or is the wiring the same as one of the other models listed on the electrical schematics file?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 AM
TT Newbie

I looked at it again...... I think I get it. Everything under Maristar IS applicable to the X2. So the X2 is a Maristar? Correct? Seems like something I should know... I had no idea.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:16 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
MYMC, I think, published elect schematics for the 07 X2/MS 200. Said he didn't have 06 diagrams. I have them on a different comp, so can't attach them.
Switchs for the dash are readily avail thru the dealers, bought one last yr, dont know the p/n, just told them which switch I needed.

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
MYMC, I think, published elect schematics for the 07 X2/MS 200. Said he didn't have 06 diagrams. I have them on a different comp, so can't attach them.
Switchs for the dash are readily avail thru the dealers, bought one last yr, dont know the p/n, just told them which switch I needed.
I really don't need them at the moment, but you never know... It'd be nice to have them just in case, so no worries, maybe next time you at that computer you could send them to me. Some of the 07 wiring schematics may apply to my 06 anyway...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
I looked at it again...... I think I get it. Everything under Maristar IS applicable to the X2. So the X2 is a Maristar? Correct? Seems like something I should know... I had no idea.
Not necessarily a Maristar, but they used the same wiring harnesses from a lot of models. Easier to design/stock/sustain one set of wiring and just use different configurations of connectors depending on model of the boat its going into.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 PM
TT Newbie

makes sense... thanks!