Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 03-19-2010, 11:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
With two pumps, it shouldn't take you that long. They say they fill at 20 gallons a minute or roughly 150 lbs a minute. So with two pumps going, you can do the math, maybe 15 minutes or less. That's two pumps. I don't know how many power sources your boat has so be sure to check before ordering two pumps.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-Star
If I were to take a stab at it, I would think a 750 for the locker, then a set of VDrive sacs (Which you could later use in the lockers of this or another boat for wakeboarding) one on the port seat, and one in the bow, either on the port bow seat or the isle. With these 3 you could move them around to figure out what works best. I am not an expert on this hull, so a call to wakemakers would be a good idea, this was just what I was thinking off the top of my head. You will be fine with the tsunami pump or two at least until you figure out something you might want to install permanently.

For a board, I have a Hyperlite, because it fits in my rack, but I don't really like it. It seems to me that the sharp edges cause it to dig in too easily. I have seen the inland surfers well reviewed, but I don't think they will fit in a regular rack. I have also used a Liquid Force (not sure which one) that had more rounded edges that I liked a lot better than mine. I am around 200# so I think I need a little bigger board than I have. So, that is some advice too, the longer boards are easier to free ride, so I would err on the larger side.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:50 PM

Boat: 06 X30
When you say 750 locker, what bag are you talking about and what location in the boat?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 ps209
the ski locker, right next to the driver in the floor, where the skis go...
most tube sacks like the one from fly high fit in there and hold 750##
Old 03-20-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawake View Post
the ski locker, right next to the driver in the floor, where the skis go...
most tube sacks like the one from fly high fit in there and hold 750##

I'm not positive but I don't think the locker in my Maristar is the same as in a Pro or X. Mine isn't big enough to get a ski in. It looks more like a cooler then a ski locker.

I'll have to measure it.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Sorry--I didn't mean locker-I have been messing with my locker sac, so I have lockers on my brain. What I meant was a 750 in the port VDrive compartment, then a vdrive sac on the port seat and in the bow, aisle or maybe even port bow seat. (Assuming you surf left foot forward, if right foot forward, starboard Vdrive compartment, i.e. all weight on starboard.)

The 750 is this sac http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac.html
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcjr View Post
Sorry--I didn't mean locker-I have been messing with my locker sac, so I have lockers on my brain. What I meant was a 750 in the port VDrive compartment, then a vdrive sac on the port seat and in the bow, aisle or maybe even port bow seat. (Assuming you surf left foot forward, if right foot forward, starboard Vdrive compartment, i.e. all weight on starboard.)

The 750 is this sac http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac.html
The boat is not a Vdrive and doesn't have a Vdrive compartment.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 AM

I did send an email to wakebuilder but got a pretty generic response from them.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't know the Maristar line very well, and thought for some reason it was a VDrive.

I agree with brucemac, it would be great to find someone with a DD, such as the X10 to give you more specific information.

If I were to take a stab at it, this sac looks like a good choice for the rear corner of a DD:
http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...-surf-sac.html

Then, I would probably buy a 750 to use in the front, or maybe a 440. You likely wouldn't fill the 750 all the way, but in general buying a larger sac gives you more options, since you don't have to fill it all the way. For example, you could use it in the walkway for wakeboarding if you wanted to later.

The only thing I don't really like about the inboard surf sac is that due to its shape you can't really repurpose it for wake boarding (maybe you could by adding a side sac or something to the other side. So, maybe a better choice is a 750 and a VDrive sac, or two vdrive sacs in that corner. Maybe wakeboarding isn't of interest to you , in which case its not an issue.

Anyway, these are just some educated guesses on my part to give you something to think about. I would think around 1000 in the rear corner and 500 in the bow would be a good starting point. In general, if you buy bags that are larger you have some flexibility for placement and you can always partially fill them for tuning. The only downside is that larger bags don't want to stay on seats as well. If you call wakemakers you will probably end up leaving them a message, but they are good about returning calls.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the input.

I posted over on wakeworld and after about a week I haven't even gotten 1 "view" on the thread, lol.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 750 bow sac, 1500 wrap around sac and a 20x20x48 to put on the surf side. I'm sure it's overkill on the weight department, but like most say, larger is better(my wife disagrees at full thrust) since you don't have to fill them all the way.

Last edited by CantRepeat; 03-22-2010 at 05:30 PM.