Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 03-24-2010, 03:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Mastecraft Prostar 190, Powerslot, 351 Windsor
I think I spoke with Eric in parts....you can get it with or without flapper.
http://teaguecustommarine.com//store/

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
28115 AVENUE STANFORD,
VALENCIA, CA 91355 U.S.A.
661•295•7000
661•295•7007 FAX

Just give em a call and pick there brain...only thing I can reccomend is if you get an angled tip and have him do the 8 hole, make sure you give him the correct "clocking" of the screw holes,....ie screw hole at 12 oclock or 1, etc....
Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by learjet2230 View Post
only thing I can reccomend is if you get an angled tip and have him do the 8 hole, make sure you give him the correct "clocking" of the screw holes,....ie screw hole at 12 oclock or 1, etc....
Thanks for mentioning that one. It would be a hell of a thing to have the angle crooked!! "ah yeah... I did that on purpose...yeah"!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Let me know if you have any luck!!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:04 PM
MC Maniac

Well I am in contact with Teauge Marine and they did modify the exhaust for someone else that Mr. Lear was able to pick up. They did say that is was still a 4" dia. pipe but they put a reducer on it to get it too 3.5". They do not offer a 3" pipe.

With talking to them they did offer to provide me with a quote on a custom exhaust tip, if I send them a drawing, that would have the following:
3" dia pipe
angled tip
6" dia flange
8 mounting holes (to match existing)

So as recommended, I checked the hole locations on the existing so that I can draw up the tip and the holes will be in the correct spot. Well, guess what? Since the existing exhaust ports are simple round plastic ones they just slapped them up there and screwed them in. The hole locations do not match from the one exhaust port to the other. So if I really wanted to get the holes to line up they would have to make two special tips so they match my hole locations, and these would obviously be different for each boat in this world.

Therefore, I did create my drawing but reduced down to the three (3) holes as standard with most exhaust tips.

Now I asked myself: what the hell am I doing making a drawing of something that already exists in the market from Hardin?? Well, the only difference is to have the 3" pipe with the 6" flange, because if you remember, the ones Hardin get only have a 5" flange.

So, is having a 6" flange to match the existing size but not the hole pattern, worth all this trouble?? Probably not!! But we'll see what Teauge comes back with.
Attached Images

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Past: 1994 PS 205 --> Now: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Well I am in contact with Teauge Marine and they did modify the exhaust for someone else that Mr. Lear was able to pick up. They did say that is was still a 4" dia. pipe but they put a reducer on it to get it too 3.5". They do not offer a 3" pipe....
If I understand you correctly, this will fit your 94 205 without any hull modification? If so, let Teauge know (before they quote you) they may get multiple customers. Personally, I was not worried as much about finding someone to build them for me as much as I was the cost. Let us know, and thanks again for the legwork on this...

"Magna opera Domini exquisita in omnes voluntates ejus" - James Clerk Maxwell, physics pioneer, 1874
Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 205
I didn't see, where you're going to locate the flapper.

1994 RED Mastercraft 205, Chevy 5.7 TBI.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Freak View Post
If I understand you correctly, this will fit your 94 205 without any hull modification? If so, let Teauge know (before they quote you) they may get multiple customers. Personally, I was not worried as much about finding someone to build them for me as much as I was the cost. Let us know, and thanks again for the legwork on this...
JF, Thats a question for Learjet. His 88 PS 190 may be different then my 94 PS205. I know if my boat had the ability to support a 4" pipe I would probably go with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etduc View Post
I didn't see, where you're going to locate the flapper.
Thats up to the manufacturer.

275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar

Old 03-25-2010, 03:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

You had me scared there for a sec..I thought he told me I had 3.5" pipe all the way, but 4" reduced to 3.5" is all the better. I just measured my boat and I have 1.5" to play with to the bottom of the hull...I only need 1/2" increase in all directions. I am not going to use a flapper but Teague can build it with an internal flapper to answer someone elses question. I will post some pics of the before and after once I get them.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Double D

Is it possible to send them one of your plastic flappers and bracket that is screwed to the boat. If MC just eye balled installing them the actual flapper assembely should all be the same. The only thing to consider is if MC installed them a little off of center the new tips will be a hair off from being centered perfectly. I really dont see anyone staring at the tips so long to even notice. That way we all could have the same pattern and we will not have to fill holes. It would bolt right up.

Just an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Work in progress!!
Attached Images